Rejections ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueboyscholar

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I searched, but couldn't find what I was looking for. What I'm trying to determine is this: will most programs send out rejection emails, or do you just hear crickets chirping for most? Please, only answer if you actually know from experience :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I know not from experience... but by searching and reading up on previous/recent threads on this particular question that you just asked.

Some programs will let you know, others won't.

What programs gave y'all crickets?

So far, it's been crickets from about 60-70% of the places to which I applied. Just like applying for any other job. I'm actually a bit surprised at how many places are actually taking the time to send out rejections...

I also have a relatively similar question. Since many programs wouldn't send you a formal rejection, would it be appropriate to call the program coordinator and check on the application status and see if it has been reviewed yet? I know that all the staff are extremely busy these days. Will calling programs have any effect on the end result of getting invited or rejected?

I also have a relatively similar question. Since many programs wouldn't send you a formal rejection, would it be appropriate to call the program coordinator and check on the application status and see if it has been reviewed yet? I know that all the staff are extremely busy these days. Will calling programs have any effect on the end result of getting invited or rejected?

Nope. Call and ask nicely if the PD/PD'ers are still reviewing applications or if all interview invites have gone out (ask if there is a wait list). If they get upset for a simple question like that, probably not an environment you want to train in anyways.

Has no effect.

Most of the residency forums here have some sort of variation of an ***Official 2012-2013 Interview/Rejection!!!1!!1***** thread. You can see there if invites for your particular programs have gone out and ascertain for yourself.