Relation between IQ score, MCAT and GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
bc penis waving contests are fun??
It's about time somebody called this thread out for what it is.

Members don't see this ad.

143, 35.

In case you were wondering, IQ goes down with age because age is in the denominator.

Members don't see this ad :)
The mcat test is a logic test, so I would say that given two people that know the same amount of mcat relevant information, there is a higher probability that the person with a higher IQ (though it is hard to actually judge), will get a better score.

That said, my IQ score ranges depending on the test that I take, so I think its pretty hard to judge what one's IQ really is.

143, 35.

In case you were wondering, IQ goes down with age because age is in the denominator.

That's not entirely true. You see exceptionally high IQs in some children due to exceptionally fast development, which may be due to an enriched environment. The opposite may also be the case. Adult IQs regress toward the mean, which is determined mostly by genetics.

The mcat test is a logic test, so I would say that given two people that know the same amount of mcat relevant information, there is a higher probability that the person with a higher IQ (though it is hard to actually judge), will get a better score.

That said, my IQ score ranges depending on the test that I take, so I think its pretty hard to judge what one's IQ really is.

There is a gigantic literature out there that shows IQ (g factor) correlates strongly with everything from academic outcome to job performance. To suggest IQ doesn't correlate strongly (especially if you control for the number of relevant science courses taken) with MCAT score... well you have the burden of proof, good sir =). MCAT score distribution is a bell curve for a reason!

People ascribe a little too much to these IQ test scores. They are really only meant to identify people on the lower end of the spectrum. Also, these online tests seem to have people scale way higher than they should.

chocobacon.jpg

The inventor of this surely has the highest IQ out of any here, and I would bet has never taken the MCAT. The more salient question at hand is: what is the correlation between IQ and bacon related inventions?

There is a gigantic literature out there that shows IQ (g factor) correlates strongly with everything from academic outcome to job performance. To suggest IQ doesn't correlate strongly (especially if you control for the number of relevant science courses taken) with MCAT score... well you have the burden of proof, good sir =). MCAT score distribution is a bell curve for a reason!

Did you even read what I wrote? I said that given two people with the same knowledge, the one with the higher IQ is probably more likely to score higher. Show me where I said that IQ doesnt correlate with MCAT score please :laugh:.

chocobacon.jpg

The inventor of this surely has the highest IQ out of any here, and I would bet has never taken the MCAT. The more salient question at hand is: what is the correlation between IQ and bacon related inventions?

Well, I recently made some pretty tasty (according to my classmates... I'm vegetarian) peanut butter and bacon mini-croissants, I say that the correlation is almost 100%.

58 MCAT. 58 IQ. 58 out of 10 for tasty bacon treats. See the relationship!?

Members don't see this ad :)
141 (woodcock-johnson), a lousy 25 on the MCAT. There was a major earthquake during my MCAT though, which was disruptive and caused me to lose about 10 mins on verbal. But I only made 4pts less on verbal than I did on practice tests. I usually made a 12 on verbal and got an 8. I got a 7 on physical sciences but I usually did that poorly because I always run out of time. So I probably should have made a 30 but that still seems low for my IQ after seeing all of your posts.

1. necro bump. nice.

2. I doubt there is any strong correlation between IQ and MCAT scores. And how did everyone on this thread score a 130+ on that "IQ test?" :rolleyes:

Ok I just paid to take the one above. I made a 132 on that one (25 on MCAT). I'm 32 (if that matters) and my "computational speed" score of 81 brought it down a bunch. My highest was "logic" at 140, and I had 4 other 139s (including "spatial skills"). That probably explains why I run out of time on the MCAT. I do think I have ADHD so that might have something to do with it. Hmm. I still feel like I should have done better on the MCAT.

Dear Thego2guy,

Thank you for your interest in the test at IQTest.com.

Your general IQ score is: 128

Does this mean that I'll get a 22 on my MCAT? =/

this thread is just a "stealthy" way for people to brag about their superior intelligence. get over your superiority-inferiority complex.

Mcat: 75
iq: 291
gpa: 6.0

all the online iq tests are complete bs. it needs to be administered by a specially trained psychologist, one-on-one, it takes I think hours to complete, and it costs ~$500,

+1
I took one when I was 7 and it was one on one and took about 4 hours to complete. No clue on the cost (I was part of a research project).

+1
I took one when I was 7 and it was one on one and took about 4 hours to complete. No clue on the cost (I was part of a research project).

I took one before 5th grade!

I wouldn't like to know my IQ, I feel I'll become obsessed about it

144, 33 and 35. I have been diagnosed with ADHD :(

It's also noteworthy to point out that IQ scores aren't directly comparable. The Weschler scale (which I took) only goes up to 160, the Stanford-Binet has no upper bound. If you really want to compare, it's best to use percentiles (on the Weschler, 144 = top 0.3%)

Also, the online tests are useless and nothing like the real thing. I took them three times and my score ranged by +/- 20.

For me IQ had nothing to do with my MCAT (n=1)

IQ: dumbf*&k
MCAT: Why did you even take this you idiot

I swear this is what my score reports said

Can I just say I find it hilarious how every other poster says, "This is soooo stupid, but HERE LOOK HOW HIGH MY SCORES ARE."

129, 31R.

I don't really believe in the validity of this test, though, since I have taken real IQ tests (which are much different than this one) and have scored slightly better. For those that are curious, here is a score breakdown:

• 70 or less - Definite feeble-mindedness
  • 70-79 - Borderline deficiency
  • 80-89 - Dullness
  • 90-109 - Normal or average intelligence
  • 110-119 - Superior intelligence
  • 120-140 - Very superior intelligence
  • 140 or higher - Genius or near genius

Where is Tony Stark at? He created a new element, but he's not a nobel prize winner!

146, sophomore, haven't taken then MCAT yet... but, my practice verbal with no studying was a 9.

Ahh....I feel like i wasted 20 minutes of my life with this. At least I know my IQ now....probably explains my verbal score. xD

IQ: dumbf*&k
MCAT: Why did you even take this you idiot

I swear this is what my score reports said

OMG!! This is exactly what my IQ and MCAT results were too! :eek: :cool::thumbup:

Don't know IQ but I mean you have to be somewhat intelligent to score well on the MCAT, plus some studying of course. Old thread.

Btw guys be careful here... Avast rated this site a yellow instead of green

Well I took one IN THE WOMB!! HAH!

Gods, I knew putting my age was a mistake when I did it, but there it is in black and white. At least I didn't post my score =p FWIW, I was intentionally was trying to avoid the e-peen contest and was just trying to support the statement that on-line tests are only marginally realistic and that a real test involves hours of sitting down with someone trained in research and (quite possibly) large(ish) amounts of money. Almost every computer savvy/gamer type person I've known who has taken these sorts of tests has gotten 120+ You can take that to mean that MMO players are significantly smarter than the average person or you can take that to mean these tests are a) feel good tests that skew high or b) favor people with basic reasoning and time-sensitive spacial skill sets (two skills crucial to excelling in MMOs, but not necessarily relevant to real-world intelligence).

In short, based on my personal (n=1, for the statistically minded out there) experience, these tests are a decent (very) rough estimation of your IQ, but I wouldn't go putting them into my PS. Do them, enjoy the five minute endorphin high they give and then move on.

147, 30

(but I kinda winged the MCAT, sorry to add a confounding variable to your correlational study :))