Relax - A story for the stressed people

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
T

TPROrgoTutor

So, I took the April MCAT. I thought I did terribly. In fact, an entire BIO passage I put C for every single response because frankly I was fried and wasn't paying attention (was my last passage). Come score time I was freaking out and had everythhing all set for me to retake, as I was nearly positive that I was sub-30. I was just about to sign up when I looked at my score release and lo' and behold, a decent score (see mdapps if you must).

Moral of the story: You are freaking out now. You have convinced yourself you failed and will have to retake. In the case of myself and several others I know (a couple with 35+ scores) they thought that they failed miserably and were nearly in tears after the test. :luck: , you did fine.

Members don't see this ad.

So, I took the April MCAT. I thought I did terribly. In fact, an entire BIO passage I put C for every single response because frankly I was fried and wasn't paying attention (was my last passage). Come score time I was freaking out and had everythhing all set for me to retake, as I was nearly positive that I was sub-30. I was just about to sign up when I looked at my score release and lo' and behold, a decent score (see mdapps if you must).

Moral of the story: You are freaking out now. You have convinced yourself you failed and will have to retake. In the case of myself and several others I know (a couple with 35+ scores) they thought that they failed miserably and were nearly in tears after the test. :luck: , you did fine.

what about the people who couldn't judge how they did? my mind was so numb after the test that i don't even know how i did, except that i didn't finish a section of verbal

Members don't see this ad :)
stfu, you made me click on this thread for a useless comment.

maturity and composure please. If this is how you express yourself, then get a dictionary and start advancing your vocabulary bank. There's a reason why I added :luck:. The comment was not said with any intent of harm or insult or to introduce any more stress into your life.

maturity and composure please. If this is how you express yourself, then get a dictionary and start advancing your vocabulary bank. There's a reason why I added :luck:. The comment was not said with any intent of harm or insult or to introduce any more stress into your life.
I felt numb after my test. I want those two points I have coming to me. ;)

Well I will at least thank you for your story. Its nice to hear people be positive and encouraging. Hopefully the same will happen to everyone here who's nervous about their scores!

motivational, exactly what most of us stressed out august mcaters need, so thanks for the story. Now back to my worrying.....:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

BTW :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: all....

We need more of these as test release approaches.

Members don't see this ad :)

Great story, thanks for posting!!:) :thumbup:

Thanks TPROrgoTutor, that really helped. I feel a bit more reassured.:)

if you don't mind me asking, what was your practice score range (generally)?

see, i think i've kind of done the opposite. when i came out of the test, i thought i had messed up PS and couldn't really read the other sections... but since then, my doubt has kind of faded and i've started to hope i did better than i thought. and now i'll probably be disappointed! ahhh! i just want the uncertainty over :scared:

^Exactly, I feel like I'm hoping for too much as the days go by.. esp. since I have read abt the curves and the experimental questions..

An everyone-lived-happily-everafter story for those who feel over confident.. Anyone..? :(

I have never seen this much drama in the MCAT forum...can't wait till scores come out so everybody chills out...lol

Nah nothing beats the drama of JustR last year. That girl was psycho beyond psycho and started saying that being sexually raped is better then having to retake the MCAT. She claimed she got a 2 on VR and 9s on the other sections. Then she kept going nutso over the score and threatening people saying she'd kill them blah blah blah. She was eventually banned for trolling.

That was the craziest drama this forum has seen.

I agree with TPR's assessment.

I'm nervous but I can tell you that a lot of people I know and not just TPR orgotutor but also another friend of mine now working in the Orlando TPR office had the same experience. She had a similar breakdown to TPRorgotutor only one point lower.

oh and her 14 was in BS whereas TPR's was in PS. they had the same verbal score.

But in her case she never got higher then a 29 or 30 on a practice except for once the previious summer when she took 5R under non standard conditions. Then she got a 32. She took the test 2 times before and had a low mid 20's score and then a high mid 20s score but not 28 or 29. This time she had a 8 point increase from her second score and 12 point increase from her first actual score. The first time she didn't study. The second time she minimally studied. The third time she studied her rear end off.

Just look at anastasis who posts on here. She was in tears and crying after the MCAT. Felt like she had been crushed and she ended up with a 41Q. So miracles do happen.

Everyone feels crushed by the MCAT.

Nah nothing beats the drama of JustR last year. That girl was psycho beyond psycho and started saying that being sexually raped is better then having to retake the MCAT. She claimed she got a 2 on VR and 9s on the other sections. Then she kept going nutso over the score and threatening people saying she'd kill them blah blah blah. She was eventually banned for trolling.

That was the craziest drama this forum has seen.

I agree with TPR's assessment.

I'm nervous but I can tell you that a lot of people I know and not just TPR orgotutor but also another friend of mine now working in the Orlando TPR office had the same experience. She had a similar breakdown to TPRorgotutor only one point lower.

oh and her 14 was in BS whereas TPR's was in PS. they had the same verbal score.

But in her case she never got higher then a 29 or 30 on a practice except for once the previious summer when she took 5R under non standard conditions. Then she got a 32. She took the test 2 times before and had a low mid 20's score and then a high mid 20s score but not 28 or 29. This time she had a 8 point increase from her second score and 12 point increase from her first actual score. The first time she didn't study. The second time she minimally studied. The third time she studied her rear end off.

Just look at anastasis who posts on here. She was in tears and crying after the MCAT. Felt like she had been crushed and she ended up with a 41Q. So miracles do happen.

Everyone feels crushed by the MCAT.

lol, when i first read breakdown, i thought you meant emotional breakdown.

is it even possible to get a 2? if she bubbled anything in, that just doesn't make sense statistically.

is it even possible to get a 2? if she bubbled anything in, that just doesn't make sense statistically.

Yeah I knew a girl who got a 9 on her MCAT totally. 4,3,2 was her breakdown.

How people get that low in any section unless they spent their whole lives in some other country and don't know an ounce of english is beyond me. but then if they don't know an ounce of english they wouldn't be taking the sciences in english either. So virtually, I fail to see how any one can do so low.

Yeah I knew a girl who got a 9 on her MCAT totally. 4,3,2 was her breakdown.

How people get that low in any section unless they spent their whole lives in some other country and don't know an ounce of english is beyond me. but then if they don't know an ounce of english they wouldn't be taking the sciences in english either. So virtually, I fail to see how any one can do so low.

LOL

that's super-good

^So does that make 3 persians in a row posting in a non-persian-pre-med thread? Never would've guessed, lol!

are you persian too?

doesn't surprise me that our kind (99.9% aspiring doctors) would be dominating a premed forum:)

make that four in a row. Persian PRIDE! haha

thanks op for the encouraging words...i guess we'll see if they're true come Friday.

salam che tori! I am divooneh! haha that's all the farsi I know from listening to Mansour :laugh:

OMG, this is so funny, and I had no idea! Yeah, I've known Ms. Shahi for awhile. We're from the same city and went to the same undergrad and we're both Qajari princesses. BTW, you can catch a whole episode of The L Word starring Miss Shahi here.

And this is my 1500th post on SDN! WOOHOO!!

OMG, this is so funny, and I had no idea! Yeah, I've known Ms. Shahi for awhile. We're from the same city and went to the same undergrad and we're both Qajari princesses. BTW, you can catch a whole episode of The L Word starring Miss Shahi here.

And this is my 1500th post on SDN! WOOHOO!!

is she in a girl on girl scene in the episode ?

Everyone I've met that was either from Iran or had parents from Iran has always said that they are Persian. Is this because nobody wants to claim to be an Iranian in this country?

Everyone I've met that was either from Iran or had parents from Iran has always said that they are Persian. Is this because nobody wants to claim to be an Iranian in this country?

Well, the name has always been Persia for thousands of years. Only in the 1930s was the term Iran starting to be used for places other than Persia (like Deutschland vs. Germany or Japan vs. Nihon). With the revolution and all, Iran was being used more, but Persia is still used. I use the term Iran more than Persia, but only used it in my post above because nhoss already used it.

is she in a girl on girl scene in the episode ?
She gets caught with her pants down, but it's not a full-on sex scene. It's more comedic. It's a good episode.

As far as Persian vs. Iranian, I think it's up to each person what they want to identify themselves as, just like Hispanic vs. Latino vs. Mexican/Spanish/etc. If you see me in real life, I call myself Persian the first time someone asks, but thereafter I say Iranian because I'm not that used to saying Persian. But I don't think we should look down on someone b/c they choose one term vs. another. We should have each other's back no matter what we call ourselves. Most Iranians are Persian and most Persians are Iranian so many people are both and have the right to use whatever term they want. Yek kalaam, khatmeh kalaam.

also, there are non-Iranian Persians in the surrounding middle-eastern countries, so someone persian is not necessarily also Iranian.

Persian is the ethnicity and Iranian is the nationality...its like someone calling themselves "Arab" vs. "Jordanian."
I use both interchangably, but I usually call myself Iranian whenever someone non-middle eastern asks, because most people don't know what Persian is.

Thanks for the story. But I doubt that is really going to be the case. All I remember right now was just a bunch of random bubbling. :(

But isn't there something liberating about the random bubbles? It's so Rebel Without a Cause...

but you and you're friends probably at LEAST BUBBLE EVERYTHING IN.
unlike me