Release CK now, or after interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studentdocftw

M4
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got my CK score back, and I'm not sure what to do. My UWSA avg was in the 260s but I ended up scoring 242-246 (for sake of anonymity). FWIW, my step 1 was 250-255, and while not a huge drop in score, it's a pretty big drop in percentile. Now I have a choice to make...release it now or wait until after interview season. I am applying IM and know CK is important relative to other specialties.

Choice 1: Release score now.
Pro: receive invites from programs that want CK before an interview.
Con: potentially miss out on interviews from top programs after they see my drop.

Choice 2: Wait until after interview season.
Pro: receive invites from top programs that only need to see my Step 1.
Con: potentially miss out on interviews from programs that want CK before interview.

I know my score isn't bad per se, it's just average...but it is a significant drop from my Step 1...still not sure what to do here...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So I got my CK score back, and I'm not sure what to do. My UWSA avg was in the 260s but I ended up scoring 242-246 (for sake of anonymity). FWIW, my step 1 was 250-255, and while not a huge drop in score, it's a pretty big drop in percentile. Now I have a choice to make...release it now or wait until after interview season. I am applying IM and know CK is important relative to other specialties.

Choice 1: Release score now.
Pro: receive invites from programs that want CK before an interview.
Con: potentially miss out on interviews from top programs after they see my drop.

Choice 2: Wait until after interview season.
Pro: receive invites from top programs that only need to see my Step 1.
Con: potentially miss out on interviews from programs that want CK before interview.

I know my score isn't bad per se, it's just average...but it is a significant drop from my Step 1...still not sure what to do here...
Are you a DO, I/FMG? Then you probably should release...if USMD , then it probably doesn’t matter.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ended up releasing it.

ure ck is fine. smart call releasing it.

u will most likely have scored higher than the old farts in academia who will be interviewing u. be confident and go into interview season with a full head of steam