"Releasing" MCAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chris127

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone mentioned this to me, I just wanted to know if this was possible anymore.

Say one took the MCAT twice. 27 on the first attempt, and a 35 on the second attempt.

If the applicant held both scores....upon application time, could he release only the second score?

I know this is possible with the ACT/SAT, just wondered if it is possible with the MCAT. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

No, schools will see all scores. You no longer release scores for your MCAT, all MCAT scores are included in your AAMCAS application.

I know for Canada you do need to release your scores to each school. However, they ask you to release all scores regardless of the school's MCAT policy (taking the best, most recent, etc.).

So no, every school you apply to will and should see every MCAT you have taken.

No, schools will see all scores. You no longer release scores for your MCAT, all MCAT scores are included in your AAMCAS application.

I know for Canada you do need to release your scores to each school. However, they ask you to release all scores regardless of the school's MCAT policy (taking the best, most recent, etc.).

So no, every school you apply to will and should see every MCAT you have taken.

They will see it all. Unless you hit he button at the end of you CBT that says something like...don't grade or abort or something...then you don't see the score, and the school doesn't...but let me tell you, after all the time spent studying and then sitting through the whole exam...I don't see who would erase their scores.

Anyway, if you can score a 27 and then a 35, a school will be impressed with that increase...and lets face it, a 35 is pretty impressive.