Releasing Poor COMLEX to Allo Rads programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nycom2015

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I know this question has been asked before but I'm kind of in a unique situation.

I'm a DO applying allo Rads and barely passed COMLEX both times but refocused and took USMLE Step 1 at the end of third year and got a score decent enough for most allo Rads programs (the specialty I'm looking to go into)

I'm using FRIEDA and checking if programs require a COMLEX score release and releasing based off that and for almost all of them my COMLEX scores don't meet the minimum but my USMLE score makes the cut giving me serious anxiety.

My question is some of these programs don't make any mention of COMLEX reporting requirements/minimum scores. I've seen other threads saying you MUST report BOTH scores to EVERYONE.

Should I follow what I'm doing already (checking if programs want it) or just release it all like most people say?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't they have to know that you're eligible for licensure (i.e. as a DO you've met the COMLEX requirements to obtain a license)?

Don't they have to know that you're eligible for licensure (i.e. as a DO you've met the COMLEX requirements to obtain a license)?

That's what I've been hearing

My other question is how I don't fit COMLEX reqs but do fit USMLE reqs. Will they eliminate me as a candidate because of sub-par comlex scores?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi.

Excuse me but it seems like your in med school, congratulations! Could you plz help and tell me what's the minimum hours of healthcare clinical experience might be accepted for a premed? Also what's the lowest kind of accepted applicant you saw? Please help ASAP! Thank you.

Try to live in peace with everyone. And try to keep your lives free from sin. Anyone whose life is not holy will never see the Lord. (‭Hebrews‬ ‭12‬:‭14‬ ERV)

That's what I've been hearing

My other question is how I don't fit COMLEX reqs but do fit USMLE reqs. Will they eliminate me as a candidate because of sub-par comlex scores?

This might be program specific, unless it's built into their ERAS filter (it might be), in other words if COMLEX is present, it'll be another filter. It might be in your best interest to contact a couple programs and see what they say. Obviously if someone with experience in the same situation chimes in, that would be better, sorry I can't be of better advice.

Hi.

Excuse me but it seems like your in med school, congratulations! Could you plz help and tell me what's the minimum hours of healthcare clinical experience might be accepted for a premed? Also what's the lowest kind of accepted applicant you saw? Please help ASAP! Thank you.

Try to live in peace with everyone. And try to keep your lives free from sin. Anyone whose life is not holy will never see the Lord. (‭Hebrews‬ ‭12‬:‭14‬ ERV)

Please post in the right location, and not copy & paste in every random thread in the med student forum. You will get the most pertinent advice in the premed forum (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/pre-medical-osteopathic-do.13/) or in the "What are my chances" forum (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/what-are-my-chances.418/).

Hi.

This is the second time you have posted something like this in the medical student forum. Go to pre-med forums as hallowmann mentioned.

Reactions: 1 user