Releasing scores to pre-Health office?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rapid Decomposition

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm so confused about this and everyone is giving me a different answer. For the committee process, I need to have AMCAS send an official score report to the pre-Health office. Is this automatic if I release my scores to AMCAS, or do I need to actually fill out an additional score report to have them send it to the pre-health office? Anybody have a similar experience and know the answer? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

MCAT registration allows you to release scores directly to the pre-health advisor office of your school. From my understanding, there would be no need for additional request.

You know, I had completely forgotten about that. You're absolutely right! Thanks for being more on top of things than I am. :)

I thought you might like to know that my pre-med advisor had my MCAT scores a week before I did! Coincidently, I went to see her the afternoon she had received my scores to talk to her about applying to med school and she said "you can start to apply now, but come back again after you know your August scores." I asked her what she meant and she was able to tell me my scores before I received them officially. I don't know if it normally occurs that way, but that was for April 2000.