Relevance of past questions in new format.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

achtung6

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To those who have taken Part 1 in the new format (since Feb. 07);
did you find questions in the test from previous examinations?

If so, would you say they are a significant amount of previously asked material or only a few?

Do these repeated questions tend to be from exams in say the last 4 or 5 years or are older questions repeated?

I'm trying to gauge the importance of going through the old papers and I don't know if the new format has changed in terms of content.

I've been told that the old format would often include many previously asked questions (sometimes the exact same question).

If anyone with experience on this could comment, it would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

To those who have taken Part 1 in the new format (since Feb. 07);
did you find questions in the test from previous examinations?

If so, would you say they are a significant amount of previously asked material or only a few?

Do these repeated questions tend to be from exams in say the last 4 or 5 years or are older questions repeated?

I'm trying to gauge the importance of going through the old papers and I don't know if the new format has changed in terms of content.

I've been told that the old format would often include many previously asked questions (sometimes the exact same question).

If anyone with experience on this could comment, it would be greatly appreciated.

I took my part I yesterday , and let me tell you something, there were many many repeats, either the whole Q even the order of the choices were the same, or they'd changed it a lil bit but either way, it sure makes a big diff if you go through the released stuff from ASDA, What a pity I just did only some years and only once, but even like that, it was definitely helpful.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to this question.

Your information is very, very valuable and I will certainly put it to good use.

What other materials did you use to prepare? How long did you study and finally, how well do you feel you did on the test?

Members don't see this ad :)
could you tell me how the ndb will score the exam?part by part, i meen anatomy . denta;l anatomy, or it will be only 1 average score?

i am preparing for my part 1 national boards for november..can any 1 tell me what all materials should i reffer to prepare well..like dental decks,released papers from ada,kaplan?or what else?and also if any additional mcq books are there,please letme know
hope to get any 1s reply,thanks

i am preparing for my part 1 national boards for november..can any 1 tell me what all materials should i reffer to prepare well..like dental decks,released papers from ada,kaplan?or what else?and also if any additional mcq books are there,please letme know
hope to get any 1s reply,thanks

I did mostly the 2006-07 decks after going through the Kaplan review book once, but that was it. No more Kaplan review. Decks are enough I guess if you know every word. And the released exams. Some USMLE first aid (First part ), Wikipedia, and some useful websites for Biochemistry and Physiology. Google is a powerful tool to find study materials.
------------------------

First they laugh at you, then they ignore you, then they fight you, then you win.

M. Gandhi

could you tell me how the ndb will score the exam?part by part, i meen anatomy . denta;l anatomy, or it will be only 1 average score?

Still waiting for my score report. Don't have a clue about what you asked, but after receiving it, I can definitely let you know.

Still waiting for my score report. Don't have a clue about what you asked, but after receiving it, I can definitely let you know.

Got my score report today!

What does "Comp Score" mean? If that's the score, I got 91 :cool:

Where to get the dental decks for 2006-07 from? Would you mind guiding me in the right directon for I am kind of lost.

I did mostly the 2006-07 decks after going through the Kaplan review book once, but that was it. No more Kaplan review. Decks are enough I guess if you know every word. And the released exams. Some USMLE first aid (First part ), Wikipedia, and some useful websites for Biochemistry and Physiology. Google is a powerful tool to find study materials.
------------------------

First they laugh at you, then they ignore you, then they fight you, then you win.

M. Gandhi