Reliability of EK and TPR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BaylorGuy

Enter witty comment here
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about Examkrackers in general...is it a helpful enough source to study for the MCAT??? I'm retaking the test it and I mostly used Kaplan material for the first time around, but i want to use and find some more information and questions. I recently bought Barrons and Arcos/Peterson...only to realize that they arent up to par with Kaplan and the style of question is not like the MCAT at all.

Are the EK practice problems really going to prepare me for MCAT style questions, or is it going to be a waste of my money??? Are the style of EK questions alot like the style of MCAT questions?? Side Question, what is TPR and how does it rank?

Members don't see this ad.

i diasgree, TPR is not as good as EK because EK gives you just the info u need to know, nothing extra. I'm using just EK materials, and I'm doing really good on practice tests.
Good luck!

EK is the best, I brought my score up 5 points last time. They do cut through the crap and tell you what you need to know, but I would most importantly do a lot of practice questions. You really have half to spend a lot of time and effort to nail that test. Also try to sleep the night before, I never have been able too.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're learning the material, EK is not so good. EK gves you lots of gimmics to try to remember things, but not a lot of core understanding - which is what the MCAT wants.

Well, I've got most of my material down. I just finished a Full length Kaplan test (It was the 2nd FL practice test from Kaplans' Pract Tests) and I got a 32-33...
PS=11
VR=8-9
BS=13

I've totally got the BS and PS down....but verbal has always been my weak point. I guess I may pick up the EK verbal book and just keep chugging away at the practice problems. Time doesn't seem to be an issue since i finished each section with at least 10 minutes to spare. any ideas???