Religion & Spirituality integration programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

profsmith

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not interested in hearing people's opinions on whether or NOT they think relgion and spirituality should be a part of psychotherapy or research. I have searched and read most people's opinions on that. I am interested, personally, in this kind of work and will be applying to school for FA 09 admission. Expanding my area of interest a bit, positive psychology and mindfulness/eastern approaches also fit. If you can reccommend any programs (preferrably one that has pretty good financial aid) or tell me about any programs that would be helpful. On my list atm are Fordham (which has a spirituality/psychotherapy specialization), California IIS (which does not appear to offer substantial financial aid), University of Southern Missi), Rutgers, Baylor, and NYU.

Thanks,.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, look into it. I am currently working with a 5th year student in the BGSU program, and it seems really great.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be attending BG in the fall, and although my mentor is Dr. Stein, I have some interest in Dr. Pargament's work on religion and spirituality. Obviously I'm biased, but it's a great program and worth looking into based on your interests. I turned down an offer from Univ. of Louisville, but I remember they had a professor there that was interested in mindfulness, so that would probably be worth a look too (also, UL's stipend of $22,000 is huge for the cost of living there)