Relying solely on Kaplan Behavioral Science Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted421268

If someone studied solely from KAPLAN Behavioral science review book would they be fine for Psychology and sociology section on MCAT? Like if they prefer studying from that than KA

Members don't see this ad.

There’s a 100 page document on reddit that’s based off the khan academy videos for behavioral sciences. I started reading 2-3 days before my MCAT, memorized everything on it, and got a 132. I did not do any other studying for that section. Highly recommend it. I have good memory so that’s why I think I did so well but I’m sure if you only study from that you’ll at least get a 128

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got a 129 just by taking Psych 100 and watching crash course psychology/sociology.

You should not have to spend money on resources for P/S.

There’s a 100 page document on reddit that’s based off the khan academy videos for behavioral sciences. I started reading 2-3 days before my MCAT, memorized everything on it, and got a 132. I did not do any other studying for that section. Highly recommend it. I have good memory so that’s why I think I did so well but I’m sure if you only study from that you’ll at least get a 128
Did you make anki or cards based on video or just memorized the 100 page document?

Khan videos & the 86pg doc got me 132. Not a pysch major. Imo, UWORLD had great p/s passages to practice. They offer a free trial

I heard that Kaplan was pretty lacking in material. I actually haven't gotten to the psychology/sociology section yet myself.

If someone studied solely from KAPLAN Behavioral science review book would they be fine for Psychology and sociology section on MCAT? Like if they prefer studying from that than KA
Yes I solely used Kaplan's book and UW review questions, it got me a 131

Reactions: 1 user
Did you make anki or cards based on video or just memorized the 100 page document?
I just straight up read and memorized the 100 page document a couple days before my MCAT. I didn’t do any practice questions other than the 4 or 5 full lengths that I took

I got 129 just from doing full lengths and a (VERY long) anki deck by "premed95" on reddit! - if you google it, you should find it. It's basically a pre-made anki deck off most of the 100 page document. When test day came, I think there was only one term on the exam that I had never seen.

There IS also a kind of CARS-y skill set you need for the section, though, so don't skimp on those practice exams.

Good luck!

When you studied all that just two or three days before the exam how did you have enough time to do practice passages for psychology and sociology passages?

When you studied all that just two or three days before the exam how did you have enough time to do practice passages for psychology and sociology passages?
I didn’t do any specific practice for those passages. I only didn’t the 4-5 full lengths prior to studying the material. I was getting like 126-127 before I read the document

How did you utilize KAPLAN behavorial science book my plan was to memorize the learning goals for each section of each chapter

Don't.

If the responses so far haven't made it clear it's not helpful then read them again.

I used the 300-page document and did passages from TPR, EK, Khan, and AAMC. I got a 130 despite only having one introductory psychology class (which I barely got a B in) and no sociology classes.