Remembered USMLE questions tread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

watermen

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How about everyone sharing questions that come out in your own exam?

Let's collect more questions that came out in USMLE.

Members don't see this ad.

watermen said:
How about everyone sharing questions that come out in your own exam?

Let's collect more questions that came out in USMLE.

http://www.usmle.org/news/2003cib.htm

USMLE said:
In 2003 alone, seven examinees were found guilty of having posted examination content in Internet chat rooms, and this determination led to sanctions as described above. The posting of any examination content in a public forum such as the Internet may provide unfair advantage to future test takers and is therefore strictly prohibited.

someone sure can pm me some old questions though ;)

its rather funny to see that rule b/c there is no way possible that usmle can possible monitor whether students have given away old questions...i guess they just dont want u to flat out post the questions on bigger sites like sdn or others

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey how about Goljan, he says "....and that was a board question" every 10 minutes in his lectures. Or mebbe the NBME can't say anything to him he doesn't fall under their jurisdiction? Still, if we're barred from sharing questions online or through any other public forum, it seems a little unethical for Goljan to be announcing board questions in his lectures.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you ;)

Hey Dr.Pak, I know what you are feeling and I also had the same sort of query.......but then as you said we shouldn be complaining. Also I dont think that we should raise any more issues related to Dr. Goljan, otherwise this thread may become another Goljan war between people who are fond of him and his books and those who are not so fond! Say what?

lolzz... I agree! Apologizes to all Goljan lovers for raising any doubts about this great, wonderful man. To all the Goljan haters, what a big jerk, eh?

Goljan asks his students to let him know what concepts are being tested on the exam, not the actual question.

As he puts it himself on his audio lectures, as a professor of pathology, he has no problem figuring out how a colleague of his (after all, the questions for the exam come from them) would test that or another particular concept.

Adam, agree with you.....but concept is the whole point especially when it comes to rare questions being asked.....I think that it is as good as giving away the question. He tells you what is asked and what is the right answer....what else is there.....again as I repeat this is not to say that I dont enjoy his lectures and I am a great admirer of his .....

coolmavs said:
Adam, agree with you.....but concept is the whole point especially when it comes to rare questions being asked.....I think that it is as good as giving away the question. He tells you what is asked and what is the right answer....what else is there.....again as I repeat this is not to say that I dont enjoy his lectures and I am a great admirer of his .....

Sure, but he doesn't know exactly how the question will be asked, he's just providing his best guess of how to answer such a concept based on his teaching.

Are you going to prohibit him or others from teaching?

I am a nobody to stop anyone from teaching anything, thats what I think. Also as I have said previously I am more than happy with what Goljan is offering and would be happy if anyone could provide the newer lectures, so that I can be even better informed. Also any other professor who gives out preparatory tips th eway Goljan does.....will be great. Any other professor who teaches in the same fashion? There is no sarcasm intended, intended if there is any other professor who is this good and whose lectures are available do let me know.This forum is a great source of sharing information and helping each other and not indulge in petty arguments. Also if there has been something that was offensive to anyone those were certainle not my intentions.

PS : We dont want another OSCdoc and Pox sort of a quarrel.

Honestly I would, but it was like a black hole in that room- as soon as I left, I forgot everything I knew....