ReneeWB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Poet

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi ReneeWB,

I have an interview scheduled at UNECOM for February. I am very interested in learning as much as I can about the school because the doctor that really encouraged me to pursue my dream is an alumn! He did an excellent job in teaching me about the osteopathic philosophy, (except the OMM part which I didn't get to see him practice) and he by far is one of the best physician's I've ever had the pleasure to work for.

The school was incredible to him, seeing as he got diagnosed with a learning disability in his first year there! They were VERY supportive and encouraging, and now he is a successful and well accomplished doc.
smile.gif

I filled out my card to meet with a student to have a more personalized information session during lunch, but I would love to hear any comments you can offer to.

Thanks
smile.gif

poet

Members don't see this ad.

Poet,

I am very happy with my decision to go to UNECOM. I really don't have anything negative to say about the place. I'm sure that you have seen some of my other posts regarding why I like it here. Probably number one on my list is the comraderie of the class. Personally I had a terrible hypersensitivity reaction to the anatomy lab which was discovered about a month into this semester. Ultimately this meant that I could no longer enter the gross lab. You would not believe the amazing way that my fellow students helped me. So many of them helped me study; my lab table mates even took the time to go through what they had dissected with a video camera which was hooked up where I could watch in the classroom. My professors were also wonderful. They arranged to test me in a different manner so that I did not have to go into the lab. Believe me, this was a pain in the butt for them, but it sure helped me out. I have seen countless examples of the way that students and faculty help out when needs arise. As students we are all here for the same reason, to become doctors! The faculty want us to succeed. I have heard time and again that if the administration didn't think we had what it takes to be a great physician they wouldn't have offered us a spot at UNE.
I think that UNE offers a great environment in which to learn. I have learned SO much in the five months that I have been here.

The students who meet with you during lunch while you are here for your interview will be able to answer most of your questions better than I can. I would encourage you to do some research on osteopathic manipulation. The school puts a high emphasis on it. I had no knowledge of it period when I arrived, however I have personally experienced great effects from it. It probably won't hurt you to say that you haven't seen it first hand, but if you can show that you have at least read up on it that shows you are interested in learning about it. And believe me you will learn about it extensively during the two years you are in Biddeford. I find it is really a lot of fun!

Good luck to you.

Renee

Thanks for that post Renee!! I really appreciate your thoughts on UNECOM and they all seem to be positive which is great.
smile.gif

Maybe I will run in to you when Im there, if you see a short little Hawaiian woman running around.. that would be me
wink.gif