Rental Car Necessary for Rosalind Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hollaback Girl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Rental car at for Rosalind?

Is it necessary to have a rental car or could I get away with cabbing it?

Members don't see this ad.

Hollaback Girl said:
Rental car at for Rosalind?

Is it necessary to have a rental car or could I get away with cabbing it?

It would be better to rent a car because a cab will be $40-50 each way. You can get a rental car for about $30-40 per day. It depends on how long you are staying. If you are only going to be there for one day I would rent a car so you can look around the town when you are done with your interview. Good luck to you on your interview.

i rented a car and i don't think i would do it any other way... a cab would be way expensive and the railway only goes so far.

definitely check out how far away rfucms is from chicago b4 you go... i printed out mq directions but didn't look at them and i was... surprised.

it took me all of two hours to get out to waukegan the night b4 my interview (its in the middle of nowhere).

a rental car would give you the chance to check out chicago (i had never been there before) which was the highlight of my trip.

and don't stay in the ramada inn.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, i stayed at the ramada inn at waukegan, whats wrong with it goose-d??

jtank said:
hey, i stayed at the ramada inn at waukegan, whats wrong with it goose-d??

*shudders*

well... i bet it wouldn't have been too bad, except they "upgraded" me to the apartment (normally reserved for the manager, i heard)... hehe.

turns out, the manager must be a 16 year old party animal b/c the place was nasty (literally smelled like stale beer and cigs), stains on the carpet. mold in the shower curtain... and... oh dear god, the bed. god. i don't want to know what went down on that bed.

it kind of reminded me of the shining, with the hunting-lodge restuarant (which actually wasn't bad food at all)

i guess it wouldn't have been bad if they hadn't so kindly 'upgraded' me... :laugh:

jtank- did you hang out in the bar the night before? the bartender was a pretty cool cat. i took one look at my stye-hole room and headed straight for the bar. quite an interesting crowd in waukegan.

oh i see. the "normal" rooms are very nice, so i had no problems there.
i didnt go to the bar at all, just hung out in my room...