Rental/Housing in Kirksville

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by OldManDave, Jul 12, 2001.

1. OldManDave

OldManDave Fossil Bouncer Emeritus
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hey...I know many of you are seeking housing in Kirksville. Ken Paige, owner of Paige's of Looks (one of the main hair salons in town), is renting out half a duplex: 2 or 3 BR (finished basement - great for extra BR or office), 1.75 BA, garage, allows pets of all sizes (except Indian elephants) and Ken does all the yard/snow work.

All for only $550/month!

Call --> H: 660-627-7243 or W: 660-665-9255

:D

2. OldManDave

OldManDave Fossil Bouncer Emeritus
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    just keeping this near the top

:D

3. Toran

Toran Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

That seems awfully expensive to me, for Kirksville.

just my .02cents

4. double elle

double elle Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Toran, although Kville living expenses are cheaper, relative to bigger cities...this is still a college/medical school town. The landlords are going to cash in on that because they know people have to live somewhere. There are ALOT of new constructions going up in Kirksville..I am assuming this is a newer duplex and it is most likely in a very good location. Yes, you can find cheaper houses..and fine apartments, but the newer ones are generally loaded with a deck, sometimes a garage, dishwasher, etc..Without utilities..Those are the things I would want for that price. ORRRRRR...you can go cheaper still, and get a place that is not as nice for a little less money. It all depends on what you want to spend and your standard of living. However, in recent years, they have done ALOT of tearing down of older apartment houses to put up the newer complexes, but you can still find nice, older, less expensive places here.

5. Hskermdic

Hskermdic Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

You can still find a place for a lot les that $550 in K'ville. I know quite a few people who pay $350 or less for a nice place. Several who pay $350 or less for a nice house with a yard.