Repairing poor undergraduate grades for MD schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kingkapoor

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, My undergrad wasnt so hot. I was an engineer but I had a 3.2 sGPA and 3.4 overall GPA. My Mcat wasnt so great either 26.

I know right now unless I came up with the cure to cancer I would have no luck getting into MD schools but with my current stats I havent really gotten into DO schools after a cycle. It looks like I may have to do an official postbacc or redo undergrad or something. But if I am going to spend two years doing this I would prefer to also apply MD.

I was wondering if anyone has ever just redone-undergrad/ completed a post bacc program and done well on their MCAT and then gotten in.

Im sort of young right now, freshly 21. I feel pretty strong on my Upcoming MCAT in September, not too sure how to repair my GPA though.

Would a Post-Bacc mean anything with such a low GPA ( assuming I do well on my MCAT)?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, My undergrad wasnt so hot. I was an engineer but I had a 3.2 sGPA and 3.4 overall GPA. My Mcat wasnt so great either 26.

I know right now unless I came up with the cure to cancer I would have no luck getting into MD schools but with my current stats I havent really gotten into DO schools after a cycle. It looks like I may have to do an official postbacc or redo undergrad or something. But if I am going to spend two years doing this I would prefer to also apply MD.

I was wondering if anyone has ever just redone-undergrad/ completed a post bacc program and done well on their MCAT and then gotten in.

Im sort of young right now, freshly 21. I feel pretty strong on my Upcoming MCAT in September, not too sure how to repair my GPA though.

Would a Post-Bacc mean anything with such a low GPA ( assuming I do well on my MCAT)?
Here is an SDNers tale that begins like yours and ends successfully with multiple MD acceptances: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/beginning-2nd-bachelors-this-summer.809175/#post-15006301

Reactions: 1 user