Quantcast

Repairing poor undergraduate grades for MD schools

BeMo Free Repeat™ On Us + 5 Med School Challenge
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kingkapoor

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Hi guys, My undergrad wasnt so hot. I was an engineer but I had a 3.2 sGPA and 3.4 overall GPA. My Mcat wasnt so great either 26.

I know right now unless I came up with the cure to cancer I would have no luck getting into MD schools but with my current stats I havent really gotten into DO schools after a cycle. It looks like I may have to do an official postbacc or redo undergrad or something. But if I am going to spend two years doing this I would prefer to also apply MD.

I was wondering if anyone has ever just redone-undergrad/ completed a post bacc program and done well on their MCAT and then gotten in.

Im sort of young right now, freshly 21. I feel pretty strong on my Upcoming MCAT in September, not too sure how to repair my GPA though.

Would a Post-Bacc mean anything with such a low GPA ( assuming I do well on my MCAT)?

Reaction score
Hi guys, My undergrad wasnt so hot. I was an engineer but I had a 3.2 sGPA and 3.4 overall GPA. My Mcat wasnt so great either 26.

I know right now unless I came up with the cure to cancer I would have no luck getting into MD schools but with my current stats I havent really gotten into DO schools after a cycle. It looks like I may have to do an official postbacc or redo undergrad or something. But if I am going to spend two years doing this I would prefer to also apply MD.

I was wondering if anyone has ever just redone-undergrad/ completed a post bacc program and done well on their MCAT and then gotten in.

Im sort of young right now, freshly 21. I feel pretty strong on my Upcoming MCAT in September, not too sure how to repair my GPA though.

Would a Post-Bacc mean anything with such a low GPA ( assuming I do well on my MCAT)?
Here is an SDNers tale that begins like yours and ends successfully with multiple MD acceptances: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/beginning-2nd-bachelors-this-summer.809175/#post-15006301

Reactions: 1 user