May 10, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm sure this question has been asked a million times on here already, and I apologize for that! But if you guys don't mind answering it again, that'd help me out a lot :)

I took Organic Chemistry at my home institution a long time ago and made a C. Then I repeated the course at a different college several years later and got an A. So my question is: How would those 2 grades be calculated into the AAMCAS GPA if I repeated the course at a different school? Would they be averaged out or would the second grade (A) count at all?

Also, is it still included in the AAMCAS GPA if I took it as a non-degree seeking student as opposed to an undergrad?

Thank you guys so much for your time!

sector9

Moderator Emeritus
5+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2011
Status
Medical Student
Both grades will be included in your GPA at their full credit value on AMCAS. For AACOMAS only the most recent attempt will be used.

OP
B
May 10, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
So it doesn't matter that I took it at two different schools? I repeated the course after graduation as a non-degree seeking student instead of as a post-bac.

Aerus

Elemental Alchemist
7+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2012
Status
Medical Student
So it doesn't matter that I took it at two different schools? I repeated the course after graduation as a non-degree seeking student instead of as a post-bac.
You are correct. It doesn't matter at all that you took it at a different school. Both grades have full effect on your GPA.

sector9

Moderator Emeritus
5+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2011
Status
Medical Student
No although you will still list is as a postbacc course since it was after graduation