Repeated Course Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bio4Life

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this question has been asked a million times on here already, and I apologize for that! But if you guys don't mind answering it again, that'd help me out a lot :)

I took Organic Chemistry at my home institution a long time ago and made a C. Then I repeated the course at a different college several years later and got an A. So my question is: How would those 2 grades be calculated into the AAMCAS GPA if I repeated the course at a different school? Would they be averaged out or would the second grade (A) count at all?

Also, is it still included in the AAMCAS GPA if I took it as a non-degree seeking student as opposed to an undergrad?

Thank you guys so much for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

So it doesn't matter that I took it at two different schools? I repeated the course after graduation as a non-degree seeking student instead of as a post-bac.

Members don't see this ad :)
So it doesn't matter that I took it at two different schools? I repeated the course after graduation as a non-degree seeking student instead of as a post-bac.

You are correct. It doesn't matter at all that you took it at a different school. Both grades have full effect on your GPA.