Repetitive Stress Injuries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sgglaze

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be attending a US allopathic school in the fall. I recently discovered that I have an RSI in my right hand from overuse of the computer.

I'm sure that this will hinder my ability to take notes in class, but will this preclude me from any specialties which require delicate use of the hands, surgery for example. Also, are there any specialties where this would not be a problem?

In addition, does anyone know fellow medical students who have had this kind of trouble and made it through it? I just started wearing a brace for it, and I have about 7 months to take care of this before medical school starts. I do not currently have insurance so self treatment is my only option right now.

Members don't see this ad.

I will be attending a US allopathic school in the fall. I recently discovered that I have an RSI in my right hand from overuse of the computer.

I'm sure that this will hinder my ability to take notes in class, but will this preclude me from any specialties which require delicate use of the hands, surgery for example. Also, are there any specialties where this would not be a problem?

In addition, does anyone know fellow medical students who have had this kind of trouble and made it through it? I just started wearing a brace for it, and I have about 7 months to take care of this before medical school starts. I do not currently have insurance so self treatment is my only option right now.

They warned you. All that beating off's finally come back to haunt you. And you knew damn well that God wasn't happy about it. It was a ticking time bomb. You should just thank your hairy palms He didn't strike you blind.

Members don't see this ad :)
They warned you. All that beating off's finally come back to haunt you. And you knew damn well that God wasn't happy about it. It was a ticking time bomb. You should just thank your hairy palms He didn't strike you blind.

THANK YOU for not letting me be the one to go for the obvious joke. Hats off to you!

THANK YOU for not letting me be the one to go for the obvious joke. Hats off to you!

I'm not to proud to take the bait on a masturbation joke. Even if it's a lay-up.