This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chrostopherhenandex

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
No. I have general templates and I also dictate (some stuff, not all). After some practice, dictating can save a ton of time. I still haven’t switched over to dictating my assessment reports, but it’s great for intakes, follow-up notes, letters to referring providers, etc.

No. I have general templates and I also dictate (some stuff, not all). After some practice, dictating can save a ton of time. I still haven’t switched over to dictating my assessment reports, but it’s great for intakes, follow-up notes, letters to referring providers, etc.

I use templates for my full reports. My feedbacks are pretty much auto-fill from EPIC, though.

I use templates for my full reports. My feedbacks are pretty much auto-fill from EPIC, though.
I think I saw in another, older thread that you said your reports take about one hour or so to write. I am currently on internship and that idea seems unfathomable (but oh so appealing) to me. May I ask how many page your reports are typically and what strategies/tips you have for us newbies for streamlining this process? If you'd prefer not to share on here, you can PM me.

Reactions: 1 user
I think I saw in another, older thread that you said your reports take about one hour or so to write. I am currently on internship and that idea seems unfathomable (but oh so appealing) to me. May I ask how many page your reports are typically and what strategies/tips you have for us newbies for streamlining this process? If you'd prefer not to share on here, you can PM me.

I'd actually say closer to 30-45 minutes, actually. the reports are 4-5 pages with a page of scores. Part of it is just getting experience in writing. Part of it is having templates for different patients. For example, normal cognitive aging, typical AD, LBD, vascular, NPH, etc. The results (more often than not, but not always) follow similar patterns, so the flow of the results and summary are similar. Additionally, many of the recommendations are the same, with maybe a couple individualized recs depending on that particular patient.

Also, cut out irrelevant junk. In most grad programs, they have you include everything and the kitchen sink. Once you get to your own practice, you can only include information relevant to the diagnosis that you are making and enough to make it clear that you considered the appropriate differential referrals.

Reactions: 4 users