Reporter or Medical Scribe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tiny23

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone! Please DO NOT quote this thread.

I'm having some trouble deciding between two job possibilities and was hoping to get some advice here. Thread title pretty much explains it- but the two options are a. medical court reporter or b. medical scribe. The pay for the court reporting is about twice as much as that of scribing. I've scribed in the past for a few months. I feel like the medical court reporter would give me a unique look at the healthcare system, but I'm not sure if scribing would be a more relevant experience.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Medical court reporter, no question. That would be an awesome experience, and the added pay just sweetens the deal. Plus, medical court reporting is unique and interesting in a way that scribing is not, which makes for great interview conversations and secondary essay material.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Man, court reporting sounds fascinating, and with the extra pay it's a no brainer. A huge percentage of applicants are scribes, I'd do something unique

Reactions: 1 user
+1 to everyone above. Not to mention you've already done scribing so it's not like you don't know the job

Thanks everyone; I appreciate all of your replies! Looks like I'll go with reporting.