Jul 9, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
How much do we have to know about the male/reproductive systems? Just the basics?

I'm asking this because I'm reading through EK bio lecture 5 and they only run through the basics it seems like...is this really all we need to know?

Drexon

10+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2007
Southern California
Status
Medical Student
How much do we have to know about the male/reproductive systems? Just the basics?

I'm asking this because I'm reading through EK bio lecture 5 and they only run through the basics it seems like...is this really all we need to know?
well since no one replied yet .. i dont think i can truly answer this question nor anyone else for that matter. this is because if anyone were to tell you that yes that's all you really needed to know and ...they throw you a curve ball on the test you'd be stuck blaming someone.

Plus each testing company such as EK, kaplan, princeton , berkley review stress and focus on different aspects of everything. I have both kaplan and princeton study books from their classes and they DO present different material. I'm not saying that they are dramatically different but there are some concepts presented in kaplan and not in princeton and vice vera.
but a majority of stuff is the same.. ie they do stress an understanding of hormones etc.

I was left as confused as you were.. like kaplan mentioned something that princeton didnt and vice versa. so which is important ?

utlimatly i think my only advice is learn as much as you can just to be on the safe side haha cuz that's what i did. Because i came to a realization that instead of asking should i know x,y,z i'd rather just stick it out and just learn it all.

NYR56

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2008
Status
Medical Student
You thought the EK reproductive system was just the basics? Out of all the bio topics, I thought that was one of the most in-depth ones and questioned if I really needed to know all of what they said. Either way, as I've said before, I didn't come across a single question on the MCAT that EK didn't cover. If you know what they tell you, that is all you will need to know.