Republicans: Who are you voting for?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Who is your Republican candidate?

• Mitt Romney

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Newt Gingrich

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Rick Santorum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ron Paul

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateHombre

Doc Holliday D.D.S.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So Mitt Romney just won Florida, a big win, but there is still a lot of primaries left....

I think it is pretty cool to see such a diverse background between candidates. Especially when it comes to education:

Mitt Romney - JD/MBA - Harvard
Newt Gingrich - PhD - European History - Tulane
Rick Santorum - JD - Penn State, MBA - Pittsburgh
Ron Paul - MD - Duke

So who do you like and why? How do you think each will affect the future of healthcare?

Please keep it civil and no personal attacks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
romney is most probably going to get the nomination at this point

as a democrat, i would've definitely loved to see paul vs. obama at the end of it

guys lets keep this political and religion free. this has nothing to do with dentistry and will only serve as a flame war type thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
guys lets keep this political and religion free. this has nothing to do with dentistry and will only serve as a flame war type thread.

Does everything in this thread need to be explicitly dental related? We are all educated adults, capable of having healthy discussion. Furthermore, there are always "off topic" threads on the premed, prepharm, etc.

Also, i think that the potential future president of the united states could potentially have a big impact on healthcare and dentistry. I don't have the opportunity to talk politics with many predental people, so it would like to know others opinions.

For better or worse Politics and Dentistry are interwoven forever.

well, medicine will take the brunt of change with healthcare reform. regulation of dentistry is lax (imo) in that you can potentially treat it as a separate entity aside from other healthcare fields, i.e. in canada where dentistry is privatized while medicine is government run

edit: and i agree with ultimate..there's no reason why there can't be a reasonable debate with politics.

i'm a democrat and i can respect arguments made on both sides with regards to healthcare reform.

SRyKm.jpg

Ron-Paul-Batman.jpg

:thumbup:

Does everything in this thread need to be explicitly dental related? We are all educated adults, capable of having healthy discussion. Furthermore, there are always "off topic" threads on the premed, prepharm, etc.

Also, i think that the potential future president of the united states could potentially have a big impact on healthcare and dentistry. I don't have the opportunity to talk politics with many predental people, so it would like to know others opinions.

For better or worse Politics and Dentistry are interwoven forever.

for better or worse it has NOTHING to do with anything on this board.

for better or worse it has NOTHING to do with anything on this board.

I don't think there is any harm in discussing politics if you can remain civil about it. Like pre said, these potential leaders will have a huge impact on health care and thus dentistry. On a side note, this thread made me think of the movie Ides of March haha.

I don't see why every thread needs to be 100% dentistry, as long as it's in some way related. It's nice to have a break from "What are my chances? I have a 3.9 and 25AA." Just out of curiosity, are most people here democrat or republican?

Status
Not open for further replies.