Reputation of different Mayo clinics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doxtyp

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

How is reputation/strength of Mayo Scottsdale and Mayo Jacksonville compared to Mayo Rochester?
Please share your knowledge and experiences.

p.s. Anyone applying to Scott/Jacks this year?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

How is reputation/strength of Mayo Scottsdale and Mayo Jacksonville compared to Mayo Rochester?
Please share your knowledge and experiences.

p.s. Anyone applying to Scott/Jacks this year?

That is a great question that I am interested in as well. However from what I understand Rochester is a beast that the other two can not compete with. Rochester Mayo hospitals I believe have 2000+ beds total whereas Scottsdale and Jacksonville each have ~200 -250 beds.

BTW, does anyone know why Mayo Clinic's residency web pages are so poorly designed? They are not user friendly by any means.

Members don't see this ad :)
BTW, does anyone know why Mayo Clinic's residency web pages are so poorly designed? They are not user friendly by any means.

I've wondered that too!

Regarding the OP question, I assume that they must be somewhat on the high end just being associated with Mayo. Also, it's got to be a leg up if you later want a fellowship at another Mayo facility like, say in MN. The difference though is that they are smaller and are community programs with the university affiliation. I'm not so sure what that means as far as patients, and as a resident, and how much experience in trainnig you get as compared to Mayo, MN though. I'm guessing you'd get a pretty solid education in Neurology and you'd see and manage all the bread and butter stuff to a level to make you quite sufficient. Probably also able to become involved in some way with any of Mayo's research guru's too if you went there.

Some thoughts...just rambling.

Maybe it's a test . . . :D

Ha ha. :) Well you would think a place like Mayo would try to make their residency pages more informative and representative of the program. :thumbup: I guess they feel the name brand will sell on its own. (and I think they are right)

Thanks everyone for thoughts! Keep them coming.

Meanwhile I looked at scutwork.com and although couldn't find any neurology review, other specialty residents seem very happy with training, settings and working environment at both Jacksonville and Scottsdale. I guess it is a good sign!