1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Reputation of PCSOM

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by PCSOM2001, Feb 18, 2000.

1. PCSOM2001

PCSOM2001 New Member

I am in the first class of the Pikeville school, and I was wondering what the reputation of our school was across the country.

Also, I am looking into internships for next year and was wondering if there are any good sites out there with information. We don't have a class above us so any advice would be helpful.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. preacherman

preacherman Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

To pcsom2001,
    I plan to apply to pcsom this year. I would like any information you could give concerning the school. I would like to know if I have any chance of admittance. Here is my facts: I am 44. I was accepted in 1990 at wvsom. I could not attend at that time, but have regretted that decision every since.I had completed 3 yrs. of college at that time. I have since completed my BS with a 3.0 GPA. I had a 3.1 in 1990. My mcats were very low.I plan to take april mcat. My scores will still be very low.(trust me). I was awarded a M.R.A. in biblical studies due to my extensive biblical background.(former pastor etc.) I just completed a Ph.D. in clinical christian psychology with a 3.7 GPA. I have extensive work experiences also(ie. truck driver,electrician,welder,custodian, coal miner, and 6yrs, as a respiratory therapist). As you can see, I can empathize with many patients, as I have been there. I live in southwest VA. about 55 min. from pcsom. Any imput would be appreciated. If you would like, you can E-mail me or post here. Thanks

4. Billie

Billie An Oldie but a Goodie...
    10+ Year Member

Hi PCSOM2001,

I am a second year at WVSOM, and some of my classmates have met some PCSOM people at conventions and stuff and have nothing but good things to say about all of you. Where do most of you all do your rotations? I will be doing most of my rotations in southwest WV, and live about 1-1.5 hours from Pikeville. I was just wondering if I would ever get to meet any of your classmates while out on rotations. Good luck with internships/residency! [​IMG]

Billie

5. Pikevillemedstudent

Pikevillemedstudent Bengals Fan
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Pikeville is great! The best medical school in Kentucky in my opinion!!

6. njdevil

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    In all honesty, it doesn't really have a rep, except as the newest DO school...