Request an interview??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nysurg

A chance to cut...
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just had a question, I just spoke with an admission director and he told me that if I haven't heard from some of my schools, I could call and request an interview, not to coordinate other interviews but just get one!!! I didn't know that I could do that. He told me that for the schools that don't appreciate me "showing interest" I should seriously reconsider whether I want to go there or no. Let me know what you think. Have you ever done this? If yeah, how did you do it and where?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't agree with what this guy appraently told you. It's too early to be calling schools and basically putting them on the spot about giving you an interview. I don't know if there is ever a time where that sort of thing is appropriate (it's, in my opinion, poor taste), but you also have to keep in mind that this year is very different. Most schools will be interviewing into March/April at least. Good luck. :)

I don't agree with what this guy appraently told you. It's too early to be calling schools and basically putting them on the spot about giving you an interview. I don't know if there is ever a time where that sort of thing is appropriate (it's, in my opinion, poor taste), but you also have to keep in mind that this year is very different. Most schools will be interviewing into March/April at least. Good luck. ••

Jargon124,
I agree that this might be a little too forward, but he told me that this is definately appropriate. He said that he is not too sure about other schools but for his school we would not take offense. I don't know...just putting it out there.

this reminds me of the UCSD guy saying to choose schools based on Price and Location.. of course he's going to tell you do at everyother school what they want you to do at THEIR school.

not that he's trying to directly screw you over, but he may truly think this is the way all schools should operate and therefore it's right method. It's like taking the first politician's view you hear and questioning whether it is right.