Request for early release of MCAT score (less WS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kmd34

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
sorry

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
HAHAHAAA!! I agree they should do that, but I think its so hilarious that you actually emailed them that.

I emailed following to AAMC at [email protected]
If you guys feel early score release will help, appeal AAMC for the same.

"MCAT is totally computerized now. I believe, each MCAT test is pre-curved based on difficulties of particular section and past statistical analysis. If AAMC wish, MCAT score less Writing section score, can be released immediately. I know, one month time for score release is due to Writing Section. In future, are you considering to release BS, PS, and VR scores immediately and Writing Section score later after one month? This will definitely help hundreds of thousand students every year. As a parent of pre-med student, I know, waiting one month is almost killer to student and all family members.

I appreciate, if AAMC will step forward in this direction."

Heh, you're very optimistic. Although, I did hear they were trying to get the score release down to 10 days a while ago, who knows if that will happen any time soon. Sure it would be nice if they were released instantly but in reality, if you can't wait the month, you might have bigger problems in life. That said, an instant score release might not be possible because they probably do some statistics with the results and adjust scales slightly. BTW, less than a hundred thousand people take the MCAT every year, not to be nit-picking.

Members don't see this ad :)
wow, your kid must be under a lot of pressure if his PARENT is going to SDN. I know i'd be pretty apprehensive if my dad or mom was looking over my shoulder this entire time....

My advice would be to just try and relax a bit- this is a pain in the ass process for everyone, but the AAMC will move at their own pace regardless of how many emails we send them or start online petitions and whatever. After my mcat i was pretty anxious about the score and didn't understand why it took so long to grade a computerized test, but this is part of the process, albeit a tedious and fairly aggravating one.

why in the hell are we making people feel ashamed for asking questions? this makes zero sense. this a forum. to ask questions. it doesnt matter if someone asks "what's a doctor?" either sincerely try to answer the question or just don't.

Reactions: 1 user
that you are a parent further saddens this situation
What gives you the right to insult people? Especially online, makes YOU look pathetic.

I think its very sincere that a parent would take the time to find out more information for their child, lets see you type a perfect letter in a second language.

Reactions: 1 users
why in the hell are we making people feel ashamed for asking questions? this makes zero sense. this a forum. to ask questions. it doesnt matter if someone asks "what's a doctor?" either sincerely try to answer the question or just don't.
where is there a question in the post?

What gives you the right to insult people? Especially online, makes YOU look pathetic.

I think its very sincere that a parent would take the time to find out more information for their child, lets see you type a perfect letter in a second language.
i'm typing perfectly fine in my third language right now, thanks. what gives you the 'right' to call me out? the answer is, of course, you can do as you please. as can i. thanks. the fact that you are somehow upset by me pointing out the absurdity of this situation is pretty amusing. this is not a fact-finding quest, it's a PARENT whining about the AAMC not releasing scores quickly.

Your point a) was acceptable. Your point b) was unnecessarily rude. I agree the situation is absurd but there's no need to attack her grammar.

Members don't see this ad :)
If that is her best ability though, does she not have a right to send it anyway? To me, the only time someone should insult another person's language is when they are putting in no effort to communicate properly (e.g. talk like a gangsta).

it's not even the grammar, it's mostly content
like i said before, she, like everyone else, has the right to do as she wishes.

i'm typing perfectly fine in my third language right now, thanks. what gives you the 'right' to call me out? the answer is, of course, you can do as you please. as can i. thanks. the fact that you are somehow upset by me pointing out the absurdity of this situation is pretty amusing. this is not a fact-finding quest, it's a PARENT whining about the AAMC not releasing scores quickly.
:laugh: I'm not upset. I had the right to call you out the moment you chose to blatantly disrespect somebody, especially somebody's parent.
there is no point in being a jerk to people online, get over your e-tough self.

:laugh: I'm not upset. I had the right to call you out the moment you chose to blatantly disrespect somebody, especially somebody's parent.
there is no point in being a jerk to people online, get over your e-tough self.
just as soon as you step off the e-high horse cupcake

Was it bad to point out the letter would have no effect? Was it wrong to point out he/she had bad grammar? If it were me, I would want to know if my grammar was incorrect, that's how someone improves. I certainly didn't want to insult, I just was pointing out the fact that bleargh was correct in his assessment of the situation.

If I had a business testing kids and some parent wrote me a letter about changing my procedure and it wasn't written well, I certainly wouldn't take it seriously. Just pointing that out.

Well, now that you said its a cupcake, i don't want to step off it!
now no one can eat it.
Was it bad to point out the letter would have no effect? Was it wrong to point out he/she had bad grammar? If it were me, I would want to know if my grammar was incorrect, that's how someone improves. I certainly didn't want to insult, I just was pointing out the fact that bleargh was correct in his assessment of the situation.

If I had a business testing kids and some parent wrote me a letter about changing my procedure and it wasn't written well, I certainly wouldn't take it seriously. Just pointing that out.
we all know even if it were perfectly written it's still going straight in the trash

Was it bad to point out the letter would have no effect?
No.

Was it wrong to point out he/she had bad grammar?
Yes.

If it were me, I would want to know if my grammar was incorrect, that's how someone improves.
Oh please, you know it wasn't pointed out to help their grammar.

I do agree with that but I don't think those posts were to help the OP improve their writing skills.

BTW, If that post made barely any sense to you, I wish you luck on VR (if you didn't take the MCAT) ;)

Oh yeah, "cupcake" was hilarious.

No.

Yes.

Oh please, you know it wasn't pointed out to help their grammar.

I do agree with that but I don't think those posts were to help the OP improve their writing skills.

BTW, If that post made barely any sense to you, I wish you luck on VR (if you didn't take the MCAT) ;)

Oh yeah, "cupcake" was hilarious.

:laugh: Thanks for pointing that out. To make this thread semi-useful, do you have any VR tips?

Last edited:
this isn't some legal proceeding. im just making a case for the integrity of the forum itself. its a service, and to do someone a disservice like making them feel insulted is just pointless. the only reason to call someone out for doing something you wouldn't (especially under the veil of your internet connection) is to feed your own ego because, ready, here's the big secret: there are people in this world who aren't like you. go find the forums where you can tell people how to live because this isn't it.

Fortunately, AAMC official is not rude and had courtesy to reply. I am wondering; if you are not respecting others; how would you be a good doctor?

Are you going to insult your non-English speaking patient, who is unable to communicate well?

Here is the reply from AAMC and I am happy with the reply.

Thank you for contacting the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) program.

The AAMC and MCAT Program office maintain a variety of quality-control
procedures to ensure the accuracy of scores, which is why scores are not
available until approximately four weeks after the test date. Although all
test forms of the exam measure the same basic skill and concepts, each form
contains different questions. Since one form may be slightly more
difficult or slightly easier than another we convert raw scores to a scale
that takes into consideration the difficulty of test questions. Therefore
in order to ensure accuracy and quality, scores are not available
immediately after the exam.

To help us to continue to provide quality service, we would appreciate it
if you could fill out a brief survey about your email experience. The
survey will take under 10 minutes to complete and will provide the
insightful feedback needed to improve our services to you:
https://surveys.aamc.org/se.ashx?s=7C7E87CB5BAE4A3C
Please let us know if you have questions or are in need of any additional
assistance.

now no one can eat it.

we all know even if it were perfectly written it's still going straight in the trash

You are 100% correct. Doctors huh? Nothing but a bunch of intelligent jerks. I swear med schools should kick out all of the rude and impolite people, no matter how high their GPA is, no matter how high their MCAT score is. I just HATE THAT! Med schools should have access to all the names of individuals who exist on this forum and single out all who act in an offensive manner. There are some fake characters in this world and I am sure most of them show up to Med School interviews :)D) when in fact they just want to enrich themselves and don't give a care about anyone. There are many Pre-Med's at my university who are the same way...some things just don't change.

You are 100% correct. Doctors huh? Nothing but a bunch of intelligent jerks. I swear med schools should kick out all of the rude and impolite people, no matter how high their GPA is, no matter how high their MCAT score is. I just HATE THAT! Med schools should have access to all the names of individuals who exist on this forum and single out all who act in an offensive manner. There are some fake characters in this world and I am sure most of them show up to Med School interviews :)D) when in fact they just want to enrich themselves and don't give a care about anyone. There are many Pre-Med's at my university who are the same way...some things just don't change.
how bout some cheese with that whine?

Bleargh poked a bit of fun about the email. So what.

There are things I'm not great at and people poke fun at it. I don't go cry, I realize I'm not perfect and can laugh at myself. Pride causes us to be greatly insulted over unimportant stuff. My friends are bad at stuff, and sometimes I will rip on them. This is not malicious or of ill intent. Don't be so sensitive. Your value as a person isn't dependent on your ability to write in your 2nd or 3rd language.

Stop acting like he killed a kitten.

If I try to speak spanish it is horrible, if people make fun of me for it I realize I don't speak spanish well. Then I go live the rest of my life like it never happened.

Oh, and the original email was NOT written well. And the comment was kind of funny. It is pretty audacious to ask an entire organization to change their protocol because of one family's situation AND 100,000 - 200,000+ students do not take the MCAT every year (i.e. false claim to persuade).

Last point, if it were really that important I'm sure you could have one person who could write English look it over before emailing it...

Last edited:

get over it. Do your own thing instead of crying about what others do.

They will always be there doing what they want, you can cry or just move on and do your own thing.

Outside of our bubbles, we have to realize there are people who aren't like us.:eek::eek::scared: That doesn't mean these people aren't compassionate or don't deserve anything. Learning to deal with people who are different from what we expect or want is an important life skill, probably more important than proper written grammar.

Lighten up guys, he was making a joke because the whole idea of AAMC changing their procedure due to an email of 1 parent was ridiculous. I'm sure he didn't want to insult anybody but the OP also overreacted. Good thing, he/she is a parent because there are many tougher situations everyday in hospitals and even medical schools that one has to deal with. We have to take our finger off the trigger and not fire at everything that can be perceived as wrong or insulting. Pick your battles and choose the one's worth fighting.

Also, I agree that if the issue was as important as the OP has sensationalized it to be then he/she could have at least have their pre-med son/daughter look over it once.

I've never seen such bickering on SDN before. Quite refreshing, really.

I have no opinion on the matter. Also, I like turtles.

First Amendment FTW. Boosh.

I am following SDN for last seven months and got wonderful information. All the people are very helpful, respectful to each other. First time I had a bitter and insulting experience.

1. Bad writing
I admit that my English is not great and I made grammatical mistakes. I also disclosed that English is my third language (Not even second). I have fairly successful technical career in the USA. Everyday I send lot of emails and other correspondence to my US and worldwide counterparts. No one have ever insulted me for my bad writing. On the contrary, every one appreciated my technical ability
My bad writing is matter here to humiliate?

2. AAMC will laugh at this email and trash it

Did I complain AAMC system? Did emai has any unethical demand? I just requested AAMC to improve the system, if possible. I seen several people in this forum are venting off for waiting for the MCAT result.

If they put this email in trash so what?
FYI Mahatma Gandhi's plea, Nelson Mandela plea, MLK Jr.'s plea was put on in the trash several times and for may years before it was considered.

Can any doctor afford to insult a parent who came to ER with his sick kid and request doctor to expedite? Can doctor laugh at him/her for bad English communication and expedite request?

I remember anonymous quote

"You will find hundred things to humiliate a person but discover one thing to appreciate that person"
I appreciate couple of friends here and will work hard to improve my English writing.

Even after my explanation, if bleargh and Acshelder are not feeling sorry, I have nothing but three wonderful words for them.

God Bless You

PS: Please apologize me, if I made any mistake in this writing.
I love my son and I care too much. I was in tremendous pressure due to some reason and started this thread out of frustration. This insult made me frustrated further and decided to quit SDN.
Thanks to all who supported me.

Last edited:
I am following SDN for last seven months and got wonderful information. All the people are very helpful, respectful to each other. First time I had a bitter and insulting experience.

1. Bad writing
I admit that my English is not great and I made grammatical mistakes. I also disclosed that English is my third language (Not even second). I have fairly successful technical career in the USA. Everyday I send lot of emails and other correspondence to my US and worldwide counterparts. No one have ever insulted me for my bad writing. On the contrary, every one appreciated my technical ability
My bad writing is matter here to humiliate?

2. AAMC will laugh at this email and trash it

Did I complain AAMC system? Did emai has any unethical demand? I just requested AAMC to improve the system, if possible. I seen several people in this forum are venting off for waiting for the MCAT result.

If they put this email in trash so what?
FYI Mahatma Gandhi's plea, Nelson Mandela plea, MLK Jr.'s plea was put on in the trash several times and for may years before it was considered.

Can any doctor afford to insult a parent who came to ER with his sick kid and request doctor to expedite? Can doctor laugh at him/her for bad English communication and expedite request?

I remember anonymous quote

"You will find hundred things to humiliate a person but discover one thing to appreciate that person"
I appreciate couple of friends here and will work hard to improve my English writing.

Even after my explanation, if bleargh and Acshelder are not feeling sorry, I have nothing but three wonderful words for them.

God Bless You

I love my son and I care too much. I was in tremendous pressure due to some reason and started this thread out of frustration. This insult made me frustrated further and decided to quit SDN.

The point was that it isn't a big deal. I apologize for them if it hurt your feelings. It is amazing you can write in your third language. I tried to learn a second language for 3 years and I still can hardly ask for directions in it, let alone write! Believe me when I say, not one person truly cares about your ability to write. No one thought of it for more than maybe 20 seconds... cumulative.

Bleargh is a very nice person. He helps people with MCAT troubles all the time, I've seen him help people struggling more than most on the site. At the same time, he is sarcastic and funny. I try to be those two things sometimes, so I understand that he wasn't trying to hurt you, just commenting on the humor in the situation.

Trying to say either of these people will make horrible doctors is laughable.

By a few comments on internet forums you can't tell who will make a great or poor doctor. I find it funny that when a person doesn't agree with you, all the sudden we attack their ability to do a career? If you truly believed he wronged you then you come back and wrong him?

I think you need to look at yourself. No one person can make you quit SDN. Things don't MAKE you do anything. You CHOSE to LET this situation affect yourself in a way that caused you to quit. The change happened by your choice and will, not because of someone's actions.

Good Luck with your kid's app. We do wish you the best.

Outside of our bubbles, we have to realize there are people who aren't like us.:eek::eek::scared: That doesn't mean these people aren't compassionate or don't deserve anything. Learning to deal with people who are different from what we expect or want is an important life skill, probably more important than proper written grammar.

Lighten up guys, he was making a joke because the whole idea of AAMC changing their procedure due to an email of 1 parent was ridiculous. I'm sure he didn't want to insult anybody but the OP also overreacted. Good thing, he/she is a parent because there are many tougher situations everyday in hospitals and even medical schools that one has to deal with. We have to take our finger off the trigger and not fire at everything that can be perceived as wrong or insulting. Pick your battles and choose the one's worth fighting.

Also, I agree that if the issue was as important as the OP has sensationalized it to be then he/she could have at least have their pre-med son/daughter look over it once.

:thumbup:

I don't feel sorry for what I said. I do feel sorry that you got insulted though, because I never intended or wanted for anyone to feel that way. No one actually comes on these forums to insult and make fun of people, you have to think about that. I come on to get helpful information and occasionally a laugh.

I see that you're particularly sensitive about the topic so that's what may be causing you to overreact. You're an adult, haven't you ever felt insulted before? You don't give up or anything, you just keep doing your thing and ignore the person.

Again, I'm sorry that you felt insulted but I'm not sorry or regret what I said. The whole situation seemed like a joke and the comments were aimed at the situation and not you in particular. I'm not going to keep responding so I hope this is enough of an explanation for you.

[/B][/COLOR]

Hi, I am really sorry about the negativity you received on this forum. The only reason why people are mean on the internet is that they don't have any accountability and can hide behind a made up screen name.

I actually think your email to AAMC is a good point. I do think that AAMC gets so many emails and requests all the time that change might take a while, but I am sure they want the system to be better like we all do.

It's nice to know that you are a concerned parent & I wish your child the best.