• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Requesting Letter of Recommendation (ghosting)

r0ck3ts

May 19, 2020
  1. Pre-Dental
If a professor agreed this past february to write a letter of recommendation & my friend has emailed her professor twice (once in April, once last week) and the professor hasn't responded-- how would you contact the professor?

how many emails is too much? what more can you say with each email without sounding annoying?

Leahjoos

Apr 23, 2020
  1. Pre-Dental
I think two emails is sufficient. Give it some time if they don’t respond an alternative is a good idea or maybe look into a committee letter that way your university can provide a letter for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user

idunnowhattonamemyself

2+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2018
The same thing happened to me this week actually. I think I sent a total of three emails until they finally responded (today!). But, I was preparing to ask another professor if I didn't get a response for them. In my emails, I just gave a gentle reminder about the letter, emphasizing how important their letter is to me, without sounding too whiny.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.