Requesting Letter of Recommendation (ghosting)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

r0ck3ts

Reaction score
If a professor agreed this past february to write a letter of recommendation & my friend has emailed her professor twice (once in April, once last week) and the professor hasn't responded-- how would you contact the professor?

how many emails is too much? what more can you say with each email without sounding annoying?

Members don't see this ad.

I think two emails is sufficient. Give it some time if they don’t respond an alternative is a good idea or maybe look into a committee letter that way your university can provide a letter for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
The same thing happened to me this week actually. I think I sent a total of three emails until they finally responded (today!). But, I was preparing to ask another professor if I didn't get a response for them. In my emails, I just gave a gentle reminder about the letter, emphasizing how important their letter is to me, without sounding too whiny.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Three emails, one week apart. Then move on!
an additional 3 emails? or 3 emails total?
she already sent in 2 emails. she took the class for the sole purpose of the letter so this is her last resort lol