1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Required LORs for various schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ButImLETired, Jun 3, 2008.

1. ButImLETired

ButImLETired Prodigal member
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey,

I have a question regarding LOR's. I know most schools require/prefer one letter from a pre-med committee. My UG has one of these, so that's covered. However, am I wrong or do some actually prefer individual letters? If I'm not mistaken, Stanford won't accept committee letters, right? You can look at my MDApp profile if you're curious about what schools I'm considering specifically. Thanks so much for any help you can give me.
    The process sucks already and it hasn't even started.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. chad5871

Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    I know that most schools will accept a pre-med committee letter in lieu of individual letters. Have you checked Stanford's website? I would check the sites of the schools you're applying to and see if they have anything to say about their specific requirements.

At my school, the pre-med committee requires the submission of individual professor/supervisor letters, and these letters are sent to each school in addition to the committee's evaluation letter. I thought this was standard procedure for all undergraduate pre-med committees.

4. ButImLETired

ButImLETired Prodigal member
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey,

thanks so much for replying. Yeah, that's the way it works at my school too. I had to send the committee 4 letters (including a science prof), the first draft o my PS, a resume, and then I had to interview with them. I figured that would pretty much cover most of the requirements, especially since some schools actually say that they ONLY want that letter and they're actively annoying by others. I'm pretty sure Stanford though said that they DON'T want the committee letter- I think it's to help out their own undergrads, since they dont have a committee. Anyways, I'll check again, but if anyone else can think of other schools like that, can you let me know?