Required LORs for various schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ButImLETired

Prodigal member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I have a question regarding LOR's. I know most schools require/prefer one letter from a pre-med committee. My UG has one of these, so that's covered. However, am I wrong or do some actually prefer individual letters? If I'm not mistaken, Stanford won't accept committee letters, right? You can look at my MDApp profile if you're curious about what schools I'm considering specifically. Thanks so much for any help you can give me.
The process sucks already and it hasn't even started.

Members don't see this ad.

I know that most schools will accept a pre-med committee letter in lieu of individual letters. Have you checked Stanford's website? I would check the sites of the schools you're applying to and see if they have anything to say about their specific requirements.

At my school, the pre-med committee requires the submission of individual professor/supervisor letters, and these letters are sent to each school in addition to the committee's evaluation letter. I thought this was standard procedure for all undergraduate pre-med committees.

I know that most schools will accept a pre-med committee letter in lieu of individual letters. Have you checked Stanford's website? I would check the sites of the schools you're applying to and see if they have anything to say about their specific requirements.

At my school, the pre-med committee requires the submission of individual professor/supervisor letters, and these letters are sent to each school in addition to the committee's evaluation letter. I thought this was standard procedure for all undergraduate pre-med committees.

Hey,

thanks so much for replying. Yeah, that's the way it works at my school too. I had to send the committee 4 letters (including a science prof), the first draft o my PS, a resume, and then I had to interview with them. I figured that would pretty much cover most of the requirements, especially since some schools actually say that they ONLY want that letter and they're actively annoying by others. I'm pretty sure Stanford though said that they DON'T want the committee letter- I think it's to help out their own undergrads, since they dont have a committee. Anyways, I'll check again, but if anyone else can think of other schools like that, can you let me know?