Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Required subjects for admission

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Matrix, Jul 28, 2000.

1. Matrix

Matrix Member
    10+ Year Member

Hello all!
    recently, i've visited a site where it had information concerning the minimum amount of subjects that were required for admission.
    The science requirements were pretty much expected ... 2 semester of Bio, Chem, Orgo and Physics, all of them with labs.
    but then there were the english requirements ... some of the schools indicated that we have to take 2 semester of both english and literature!??? ... does this mean that if i only have 'College English I and College English II' in my transcript, the admission committee won't even consider my application because i didn't meet the english minimal requirement??
    also, some schools required 2 semesters of behavioral sciences (e.g LECOM) are Physical Anthropology, Sociology and social work considered as behavioral sciences??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Eric

Eric Member
    10+ Year Member

English I and English II, that's two semesters. That's all you need. It's not 2 semesters of writing and then 2 semesters of lit.

4. Maire

Maire Member
    10+ Year Member

I know that anthro and socio are considered social sciences. Since psych is too, social work may be, but it never hurts to check.
    Also check about additional requirements - UHS requires 3 sem hours of genetics and biochem as well.