Required subjects for admission

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Matrix, Jul 28, 2000.

1. Matrix

Matrix Member

Hello all!
    recently, i've visited a site where it had information concerning the minimum amount of subjects that were required for admission.
    The science requirements were pretty much expected ... 2 semester of Bio, Chem, Orgo and Physics, all of them with labs.
    but then there were the english requirements ... some of the schools indicated that we have to take 2 semester of both english and literature!??? ... does this mean that if i only have 'College English I and College English II' in my transcript, the admission committee won't even consider my application because i didn't meet the english minimal requirement??
    also, some schools required 2 semesters of behavioral sciences (e.g LECOM) are Physical Anthropology, Sociology and social work considered as behavioral sciences??

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Eric

Eric Member

English I and English II, that's two semesters. That's all you need. It's not 2 semesters of writing and then 2 semesters of lit.

4. Maire

Maire Member

I know that anthro and socio are considered social sciences. Since psych is too, social work may be, but it never hurts to check.
    Also check about additional requirements - UHS requires 3 sem hours of genetics and biochem as well.