Required subjects for admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Matrix

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!
recently, i've visited a site where it had information concerning the minimum amount of subjects that were required for admission.
The science requirements were pretty much expected ... 2 semester of Bio, Chem, Orgo and Physics, all of them with labs.
but then there were the english requirements ... some of the schools indicated that we have to take 2 semester of both english and literature!??? ... does this mean that if i only have 'College English I and College English II' in my transcript, the admission committee won't even consider my application because i didn't meet the english minimal requirement??
also, some schools required 2 semesters of behavioral sciences (e.g LECOM) are Physical Anthropology, Sociology and social work considered as behavioral sciences??

Members don't see this ad.

English I and English II, that's two semesters. That's all you need. It's not 2 semesters of writing and then 2 semesters of lit.

I know that anthro and socio are considered social sciences. Since psych is too, social work may be, but it never hurts to check.
Also check about additional requirements - UHS requires 3 sem hours of genetics and biochem as well.