Peter27

2+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey everyone I rescheduled my DAT because I know I am not ready. I been studying for this for the past month and a half with minimal results. An advantage of rescheduling is that I have more time to study but on the other hand I have to balance studying with school work and my job. Where as during Summer I didn't have to worry about both. During this summer I've been putting about 3-4 hours each day but I've been very disorganized and limited in material. I plan on making a study schedule and buying more books to go off of I've only been using Kaplan DAT and Cliffs AP Bio notes.

Here's what I think I know so far.
-I know the basic outline of the BIO section. Like system pathways or key points but I'm missing a lot of the details like cell names or hormone name. I didn't even get started on the plants and I'm having a lot of trouble with classifications (kingdoms and such).
-I feel somewhat good about the CHEM and OCHEM sections except for a few formulas like freezing point depression.
-Haven't started on the reading comprehension.
-70 percent on the math part.
-The PAT I haven't practiced the TOP-FRONT-END or folding yet.

Here's my weekly schedule looks like.
- I have class 13 hours a week. I'm pretty sure I need at least 39 hours/week of studying.
- I have work 15 hours a week. I'm an Ochem tutor so that kinda works out for me with the Ochem section.
- Internship 6hours/wk.

I have from 8/17-12/30 to study. I start school on 9/21 and the quarter ends 12/11.
I'm planning to studying 5 hours a day until 9/20, 2-3 hours a day from 9/21-12/11 except for finals week. Then have a cumulative review thing 12/11 to test day.

So that's the background info about me my questions are
1. What should I study? Should I review the Kaplan book and Cliff's AP notes? Or buy new material and start over there? What materials should I invest in?
2. Is 5 hours a day until 9/20. Then 2 hours a day until 12/11 enough?
3. How do I plan my studying? Going from front to back was not working out for me before I definitely should have days where I review previous sections. I know there's a DAT study plan in the forum should I follow that and make adjustments?

Mushibachan

2+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2015
Status
Dental Student
1. DAT DESTROYER PERIOD LOL. Bootcamp for practice tests (for now would be a great start)... I wouldn't recommend KBB - I felt like I wasted 1-2 weeks going through that.
2. Are you working right now? If not, I would recommend 6-8 hours per day until 9/20
3. follow the DAT study plan and make adj.

OP
Peter27

Peter27

2+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Is this the DAT Destroyer and Math Destroyer you're talking about?
Amazon product it's only 55 which is weird because the official website sells it for 200. Are they the same product?