Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.

Rescheduling Advice Requested

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by herewego, Jun 6, 2008.

1. herewego

Well, I took the MCAT on May 31st. I didn't walk out feeling like garbage, but I know that my score will be close to my personal cutoff score. Hopefully it turns out well. I'm going to go ahead and submit my primaries anyway.

To be on the safe side (because I want to apply for this cycle), I want to take it again. At this point, there are only August dates open for me, August 5th being the earliest.

Would taking the August MCAT put me at a noticeable disadvantage?

My GPA 3.8, science 3.6/7. I have extracurriculars, research, volunteering etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. iA-MD2013

Moderator Emeritus

Medical Student
    From what I've heard, spots open up as you get closer to the test day. Go ahead and take the spot in august. Keep checking the test centers for another date (july would probably be best) and take whatever opens up. August isn't bad...especially if your may 31 scores aren't bad enough to get you screened...but july is probably better.
    But, it's possible that you did really well on may 31 and you don't have to retake! I do understand that you want to be careful...and that's a good thing, but don't lose hope! You may not have to retake.

4. herewego

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

5. FirstU20

Pre-Medical
    I had a question...my first mcat score was 21M and im reataking it in july 18. BUt I wanted to turn in my application before hand so it can be verified, i will mention in teh application that IM taking the july one. My question is are they going to reject me becuase of my first mcat score? ANd how does it effect the screening process? thanks a lot.

6. iA-MD2013

Moderator Emeritus

Medical Student
    I'm not exactly sure...You indicate on your app that you're going to retake and the schools see that. But I really don't know if they'd screen you initially.