Rescheduling an interview for Post-December? I don't really want to attend this school anyways...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akv2480

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

I applied to a number of schools and have been gratefully given 4 interviews. I went to all 3 and I loved them. My fourth interview is in October and it's a school I really don't want to attend (idky i even applied).

Would it look bad if I rescheduled this interview to Post-December 1st? Just want to see if I got into my top choices, rather then make a trip to the fourth school. I know it's a gamble to not go to an interview immediately, but let's just say, if this school was the only school I got accepted at this year, I'd probably reapply for next cycle and try to get into my top choices. (Again, idky I even applied..)

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

If you got accepted and would still reapply, you might as well just cancel the interview.

Reactions: 2 users
Not sure why you'd throw away an opportunity like that.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What if you got rejected from the 3 you went to?

You will make someone extremely happy.

Reactions: 3 users
Might as well cancel the interview and give the chance to someone who would actually go to the school if you have no intention of going there

Reactions: 1 users
Very true. Thanks guys. I will probably end up going. At the end of the day, Ill regret not going. And who knows, I may like the school better than I would have thought. I can't judge a school without at least visiting it....

Very true. Thanks guys. I will probably end up going. At the end of the day, Ill regret not going. And who knows, I may like the school better than I would have thought. I can't judge a school without at least visiting it....
What school is it ?

I think it'd be fine to schedule it post-December. You don't have to explain your reasoning to them or other applicants why because it's ultimately your application money and decision. Best of luck to ya.

I'm guessing OP probably didn't want to state that so as to not receive too many biased opinions.
Yup! I rather not mention the school. I wouldn't want biased opinions, but also I wouldn't want my personal opinion to influence someone else's on that school.

I would rather go to any dental school vs no dental school and tossing money out the window with an acceptance in hand to reapply next year just isn't in my nature either. Not to mention that other schools might not want to talk to you next year for fear they may be this school that you really don't want to attend. Your school experience, no matter where you end up, will be what you make of it. Looking back to my undergrad selections, the school I though would be the best fit, was my #1 going into the visiting stage, after 5 minutes on campus I hated the place and ended up not applying. You never know.

I would rather go to any dental school vs no dental school and tossing money out the window with an acceptance in hand to reapply next year just isn't in my nature either. Not to mention that other schools might not want to talk to you next year for fear they may be this school that you really don't want to attend. Your school experience, no matter where you end up, will be what you make of it. Looking back to my undergrad selections, the school I though would be the best fit, was my #1 going into the visiting stage, after 5 minutes on campus I hated the place and ended up not applying. You never know.
Good point. Thank you! It's exactly what I needed to hear.