Rescheduling COMLEX PE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pablo94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if spots usually open up for the COMLEX PE as the year progresses. My PE is scheduled for this Friday and I want to reschedule it because I don't feel prepared enough. Does not having your COMLEX PE score in before sending ERAS out affect your chances of getting interviewed? I just don't want to make a stupid decision by taking it this Friday when I don't feel confident/prepared enough and fail as opposed to rescheduling it and looking everyday on the NBOME website for a new opening. What do you guys think? Anyone have success rescheduling their COMLEX PE? And failing the PE is much worse than taking it late right?

Members don't see this ad.

I've failed 3 OSCES first 2 years, this is my weakness BTW

I didn't take my PE until September. They understand that its hard to find a spot, but will definitely ask about it in your interview especially if your score isn't back yet. I would reschedule it if you aren't ready. Having a score come back during interview season is much preferred to failing. However if you push it back too far then don't pass you might be struggling to get your scores back in time to match.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if spots usually open up for the COMLEX PE as the year progresses. My PE is scheduled for this Friday and I want to reschedule it because I don't feel prepared enough. Does not having your COMLEX PE score in before sending ERAS out affect your chances of getting interviewed? I just don't want to make a stupid decision by taking it this Friday when I don't feel confident/prepared enough and fail as opposed to rescheduling it and looking everyday on the NBOME website for a new opening. What do you guys think? Anyone have success rescheduling their COMLEX PE? And failing the PE is much worse than taking it late right?

From what I've gathered, it's not the same as a red flag but programs do indeed give priority to applicants who have all their board scores in by the time they interview or shortly after. It's a matter of known quantities vs. unknown. They definitely interview people who don't have PE done, but see the above poster's comment for that.

Everyone feels crappy before this exam. But if you really think you may fail if taken this week (especially in the context of previous OSCE failures) the reschedule for the soonest date possible and prepare for it adequately this time. Above all you do not want a failure for this ridiculous exam.

D
I didn't take my PE until September. They understand that its hard to find a spot, but will definitely ask about it in your interview especially if your score isn't back yet. I would reschedule it if you aren't ready. Having a score come back during interview season is much preferred to failing. However if you push it back too far then don't pass you might be struggling to get your scores back in time to match.
Do you know if spots open up? any friends or classmates in similar situations who were able to find another spot?

Spots should open up as people start to reschedule. I was scheduled for October and was able to move my date up to September. Its only March now people will still be moving spots as auditions and interviews start.

I’d take it if I were you. You seem prepared and studied well. My .2 cents.

I’d probably just go on and take it, but it’s a $400 reschedule fee at this point. Spend the week doing practice cases, reading/watching Kaufman and practicing soap notes. You can do it if you focus

Spots should open up as people start to reschedule. I was scheduled for October and was able to move my date up to September. Its only March now people will still be moving spots as auditions and interviews start.
October of this year? why did you move it up to September? Isn't that too late for ERAS, are you a third or fourth year?

lol based off what ?

Based on people failing OSCE’s they tend to prepare more for these. Tell me I’m wrong. This exam you don’t need to prepare THAT much. Your clinical education should help you immensely.

I say just take it. My PE is tomorrow and I basically just spent the weekend reviewing for it. Yeah I’m nervous af but even if prepped for 2 weeks I’d still be nervous. Watch the Kauffman videos.

October of this year? why did you move it up to September? Isn't that too late for ERAS, are you a third or fourth year?
I'm a 4th year about to match into FM. I had my test originally scheduled for October 2019 moved it up a few weeks to September 2019. You don't have to have your PE pass/fail into ERAS before interviews go out. You can upload your scores after submitted. If you have the opportunity to have them attached before you submit ERAS I would, but it was not possible for me.

anyone have thoughts about if PE dates will open? I'm trying to register for April-May and nothing is open. Dates were pushed due to COVID-19. Just wondering.