Rescheduling Interviews...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

georgeomally

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had a bad experience with this? I have a significant reason (tickets to leave the country for sibling's wedding)..... but still am nervous that it might have an effect on admissions :(

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone had a bad experience with this? I have a significant reason (tickets to leave the country for sibling's wedding)..... but still am nervous that it might have an effect on admissions :(

It is doubtful that anyone in admissions will ever know, except the person that reschedules the interview for you. I don't think they bother making a note in your file; I rescheduled an interview last year b/c I scheduled it on Dec 23rd, when plane tickets are outrageous, and asked to switch it so I could get "more affordable airfare". I still got in.

Yea, I don't think it matters on your decision at all. I have rescheduled interviews at a few schools more than once, due to hasty planning. While the coordinator seems annoyed, they forget pretty soon, cause all they really do is swap a name around their computer. As long as you give them a week's notice, it's fine.:D