Rescheduling... What do you think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chad5871

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am considering rescheduling my MCAT. I'm scheduled right now for the August 9th exam at 1:30 pm, but I'm thinking about rescheduling to take it on the 16th at 8:00 am. The only thing is, I'm afraid I won't be able to sleep the night before the exam, and then if I have to get up at like 6:00 am the next morning, I'll have a hard time focusing on the test. That's why I chose the August 9th date.

The reason I'm considering rescheduling is because I am currently in a Kaplan course that ends on the 2nd. I'm afraid that I won't have enough time to complete enough practice exams between the 2nd and the 9th without wearing myself out. On the Diagnostic I scored a 24 (PS: 9, VR: 7, BS: 8) and on the first Kaplan full-length I scored a 27 (PS: 8, VR: 10, BS: 9). I would really like to get a score higher than a 30.

Should I reschedule and risk being tired on test day, or should I try to fit in more studying before test day and take it on the 9th in the afternoon? Ugh, I had no idea just the MCAT scheduling would be so stressful!

Members don't see this ad.

I am considering rescheduling my MCAT. I'm scheduled right now for the August 9th exam at 1:30 pm, but I'm thinking about rescheduling to take it on the 16th at 8:00 am. The only thing is, I'm afraid I won't be able to sleep the night before the exam, and then if I have to get up at like 6:00 am the next morning, I'll have a hard time focusing on the test. That's why I chose the August 9th date.

The reason I'm considering rescheduling is because I am currently in a Kaplan course that ends on the 2nd. I'm afraid that I won't have enough time to complete enough practice exams between the 2nd and the 9th without wearing myself out. On the Diagnostic I scored a 24 (PS: 9, VR: 7, BS: 8) and on the first Kaplan full-length I scored a 27 (PS: 8, VR: 10, BS: 9). I would really like to get a score higher than a 30.

Should I reschedule and risk being tired on test day, or should I try to fit in more studying before test day and take it on the 9th in the afternoon? Ugh, I had no idea just the MCAT scheduling would be so stressful!

If possible, why don't you save yourself the worry and reschedule to a later date. You want to feel confident and prepared before you take the test. This way you can get more studying in before the test.

Hey gridiron, thanks for the advice. I'm definitely strongly considering it - I could get a LOT more practice crammed in that extra week. Like I said I'm just concerned about the 8:00 am test time, although it's never really bothered me when taking any of my finals. I'm going to think about it some more, take another practice exam, do some more review, and then make my final decision (it does cost $50). Thanks again for the advice.