Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Rescinding acceptances, what does it take?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by Cal2Lane, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Cal2Lane

Cal2Lane Member

I just received a B- in a class last semester, my overall GPA was only 3.3 for the semester quite a bit lower than the 3.7 I had, and am worried that my medical school will question me about it. Has this ever happened to anyone or will they see it as severe senioritis (which is what it was!!).
    Thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mikegoal

mikegoal rebmeM

i wouldnt worry about it unless your getting C's

4. Heezy

Heezy New Member

cheer up...be sure that they'll probably ask you why your grades dropped. Just make sure that you have a reasonable explaination. Everyone has something that they're not proud about on the record. Again...just have a reason (personal problems) and you'll be fine. Don't worry...you'll get in :)

5. Doctora Foxy

Medical Student
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by mikegoal:
    <strong>i wouldnt worry about it unless your getting C's</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You think they would rescind an acceptance for one C?

6. UMMMN hellz no...if u got a D or an F...yes...not one stupid C...

that would be extremely stupid...

7. mikegoal

mikegoal rebmeM

i meant that getting all Cs whould be bad i agree one C wouldnt do anything

8. jmejia1

jmejia1 Senior Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by mikegoal:
    <strong>i meant that getting all Cs whould be bad i agree one C wouldnt do anything</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">even cracking all Cs, I would imagine, would not have a school do something as drastic as rescind an accpetance. non-passing grades, I would be more inclined to believe schools would take action.

9. grkbuckeye

grkbuckeye Senior Member

Do you think that the same rules apply for graduate classes? I can understand if you mess up some undergrad classes that might be pre-requisites, but what if you were done with undergrad and taking graduate classes? if you got a couple C's in graduate courses since you were accepted, do you think they would say anything??

10. panda81

panda81 Member

good question, buckeye. i'm in a program taking classes with med school students and have a couple C's since my AMCAS, along with a number of B-'s and B's and a couple A's. anyone know what it would take to get an acceptance rescinded (from grad school grades)?

11. Lion-O

Lion-O Sight beyond sight.

Good luck getting a response from buckeye; that person's last post was in July of 2002. :)

12. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :smuggrin: be nice!

13. BassDominator

BassDominator Senior Member

I wouldn't worry about it. Most schools don't even get your final transcript until you are well into your first year of med school. They mostly just want to make sure you actually have an undergrad degree.