Rescinding acceptances, what does it take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cal2Lane

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received a B- in a class last semester, my overall GPA was only 3.3 for the semester quite a bit lower than the 3.7 I had, and am worried that my medical school will question me about it. Has this ever happened to anyone or will they see it as severe senioritis (which is what it was!!).
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i wouldnt worry about it unless your getting C's

cheer up...be sure that they'll probably ask you why your grades dropped. Just make sure that you have a reasonable explaination. Everyone has something that they're not proud about on the record. Again...just have a reason (personal problems) and you'll be fine. Don't worry...you'll get in :)

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by mikegoal:
•i wouldnt worry about it unless your getting C's•••••You think they would rescind an acceptance for one C?

UMMMN hellz no...if u got a D or an F...yes...not one stupid C...

that would be extremely stupid...

i meant that getting all Cs whould be bad i agree one C wouldnt do anything

•••quote:•••Originally posted by mikegoal:
•i meant that getting all Cs whould be bad i agree one C wouldnt do anything•••••even cracking all Cs, I would imagine, would not have a school do something as drastic as rescind an accpetance. non-passing grades, I would be more inclined to believe schools would take action.

Do you think that the same rules apply for graduate classes? I can understand if you mess up some undergrad classes that might be pre-requisites, but what if you were done with undergrad and taking graduate classes? if you got a couple C's in graduate courses since you were accepted, do you think they would say anything??

good question, buckeye. i'm in a program taking classes with med school students and have a couple C's since my AMCAS, along with a number of B-'s and B's and a couple A's. anyone know what it would take to get an acceptance rescinded (from grad school grades)?

panda81 said:
good question, buckeye. i'm in a program taking classes with med school students and have a couple C's since my AMCAS, along with a number of B-'s and B's and a couple A's. anyone know what it would take to get an acceptance rescinded (from grad school grades)?

Good luck getting a response from buckeye; that person's last post was in July of 2002. :)

I wouldn't worry about it. Most schools don't even get your final transcript until you are well into your first year of med school. They mostly just want to make sure you actually have an undergrad degree.