Rescinding My Early Decision Acceptance to Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cubedude56

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in need of advice! I have already been accepted to pharmacy school through Early Decision, and have already payed my non refundable deposit. However, in the time between my acceptance and now, new developments have occurred in my life that has made me decide to not attend pharmacy school.

My question is:
Would It be possible to simply call the school, and tell them that I am unfortunately unable to attend the school to cut all ties with them, even though I applied through early decision?

Early Decision just means that I am obligated to not apply to any other pharmacy school, and allows me to to tell them that I am unable to attend, as long as I will not be attending any pharmacy school in the 2012-2013 school year, right?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am in need of advice! I have already been accepted to pharmacy school through Early Decision, and have already payed my non refundable deposit. However, in the time between my acceptance and now, new developments have occurred in my life that has made me decide to not attend pharmacy school.

My question is:
Would It be possible to simply call the school, and tell them that I am unfortunately unable to attend the school to cut all ties with them, even though I applied through early decision?

Early Decision just means that I am obligated to not apply to any other pharmacy school, and allows me to to tell them that I am unable to attend, as long as I will not be attending any pharmacy school in the 2012-2013 school year, right?

Thabks in advance!

You should just call the school and talk to them about it. I had a friend in the same situation, and basically what he told me was "its complicated".