This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

highlighters

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I took the August 21st MCAT and just got my scores back a few days ago. I scored 127/125/130/132. I know I'm not in a position at all to complain about my scores and I'm happy with my overall score. It's just that I'm applying to schools in Ontario this year and I feel like a 125 in CARS won't really cut it. And I was actually pretty surprised by my CARS score. I felt like the actual section was similar in difficulty to the practise that I've done. In the AAMC FL I got 96% on CARS and on other practise tests I also scored well.

I don't know if anyone is familiar with the rescoring process, should I consider rescoring my test or just take my chances and apply for this year? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

125 for Canadian schools is low and will likely hinder your chances at mac, western, and queens. However, this also depends on your GPA since I do personally know people who got into mac with a 9 VR. You're still good for UofT.

In terms of rescoring, your score will most likely not change due to it all being a computerized process. Rescoring was mainly good for the old MCAT that had a writing section.

These incidences are scaring the **** out of me!!! Guys seriously, can someone say HOW can this happen??? This can't be random... so many canadians thinking the actual MCAT felt the same as the AAMC FL and bombing it.... what on earth is happening? I got 85% on my AAMC FL and after the recent score release I think I'm going to end up with 123-124 on CARS! Sorry for ranting but I was feeling good until I saw these stories.... ughhh

OP, apply to Ottawa, McGill, UofT, Mac, and UBC. If no luck this year, retake the MCAT for next year

Not to revive an old thread BUT I also got high scores on my practice CARS on both AAMC and EK, yet ended up with a 125. So strange! Did you ever do the rescore? (For reference, my AAMC practice was 85% unscored, 130 scored.)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I had a 81% on CARS on my AAMC FL Sample on 1/7/2016. And then I got a 123 on the real thing 4/1/2016. I practiced CARS since my Sample exam before the real exam.
I walked out of CARS feeling good about it and I had a few minutes to spare. CARS was never my weak section. It seems odd to me, however I rocked B/BC with a 130.

Last edited:
Would love to hear feedback as well about anyone who decided to go about rescoring for the new MCAT!