research at NSU and PCSOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lsudoc82

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
can anyone fill me in on the research opportunities at NSU and PCSOM? Does the huge class size at NSU decrease chances of doing research? Does the small class size at PCSOM increase the chances? I would like to increase my chances of gaining an ortho residency. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

NSU is pretty new to the research game; it is something they are actively striving to improve. Perhaps over the next two years there will be significant increases in the range, scope, and scale of opportunities. For now, they have the strongest opportunities in early childhood development (more in the psychiatry side of things, I suppose, but research is research in the general sense). They don't currently have any ortho specific research going on, but their tie to the Dolphins and the subsequent strong sports medicine connection might serve ortho aspirations well. There might perhaps even be tangential research opportunities through the Dolphins medical staff, not sure, didn't ask specifically.

I know nothing about PCOM.