Research Bad????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Into Research?

• I'm a lab rat- i love it

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • I'd rather be eaten by a lab rat

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Only if it's with people- clinical

Votes: 26 39.4%

• Total voters

washkeep

ProudFieldFairy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a premed at Wash U, which is a big-time research institute. you get fed the propaganda about the holiness of research bigtime. anyway, wash u kids have a hard time getting into SLU (saint louis university) med school.

apparently, SLU's more primary care oriented and they think wash u kids are too research minded and would be a bad fit. So just thought I'd mention this for those of you applying... Check out the schools you apply to, so you know what to emphasize/deemphasize during the interview. not as if you guys probably didn't know already. well, i thought this was bizarre and worth mentioning. :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Or perhaps SLU thinks the Wash U kids will end up withdrawing so they just don't offer them spots? Haven't schools been known to do that?

Info: Looking out for my fellow SDNr's (ah, my new addiction) - I am leaving the world of clinical research and opting to venture off to medical school.

That being said - for those who graduate with a BS and have an interest in health care - clinical research for a pharma company is the way to go. Interesting therapeutic areas, fantastic pay, ability to travel should you wish.
Plus, every doctor you come in contact with is interested in conducting pharma clinical trials (tons o' cash for each subject they enroll$$).

For the ones that don't get in, this is a great career. Alright - I'm done sounding like a infomercial, but if you guys have any questions - PM on over.

This is the industry's web site if interested: www.centerwatch.com

Pay it forward. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
willthatsall said:
Or perhaps SLU thinks the Wash U kids will end up withdrawing so they just don't offer them spots? Haven't schools been known to do that?
yes..........

willthatsall said:

Why would they think Wash U kids will withdraw from SLU?