• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Research Funding Opportunities?

Medstart108

7+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2012
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    I have applied for research positions this summer however, not through any program. I contacted the professors myself and most of them have said they will not provide funding for me. They told me that if I could find a research undergraduate studentship that would fund me, they would gladly help me apply. I am currently studying 1st year medicine in the UK. I am Canadian and did high school in Canada. The research that I am applying for will be performed in Toronto at a UofT affiliated hospital.

Does anyone know of any research studentship/bursary that would allow me to apply? So far the ones i have seen from Canada like NSERC allow funding for research done in Canada but require you to attend a Canadian university. The ones I have seen from the UK like RCSE require you to attend a UK university but only work if you are doing research in the UK.

It seems like i'm awkwardly stuck between two countries, fulfilling part of each of their requirements but not fulfilling all which bars me from applying to any.

About the Ads
    This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    7. This thread is locked.