Research in London advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arachnoidmater

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an MS1 and I plan to spend this summer in London with family. I want to do research, but I'm not exactly sure where to start. Does anyone know of any summer programs in London where I could do research? Or really just where I should begin in my search.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm an MS1 and I plan to spend this summer in London with family. I want to do research, but I'm not exactly sure where to start. Does anyone know of any summer programs in London where I could do research? Or really just where I should begin in my search.

Any help would be much appreciated!

I would advise you to begin by looking through hospitals to see if there are any available research opportunities. Send emails to PIs if you are interested in doing work with them because what you are doing is not very common so you likely won't encounter any formally established program out there for you. Most research programs in the UK would probably require that you are in a UK medical school.

Look through the wellcome trust and the National Research Council UK to see if there are any opportunities as well.