Research Internship During Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eggs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yo guys,

I was wondering if anyone has done a research internship during their application cycle. I'd like to do this but I am wondering if interviews and secondaries make it difficult to do both at the same time.

Let me know if you have any insight/an opinion.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm working 40-45 hours per week and shadowing in addition to my secondaries (8 finished so far) and I'm getting by just fine. In the fall (starting in mid-Sept), I'll be working 40 hours per week AND going to class 8 hours per week. And I'll still be getting by just fine because I have good time management skills. As long as you do, too, you'll be fine.

:thumbup:

I was a full time student and was working during my application season. I don't think doing both was a problem at all.

The only issue would be are you going to be doing a project that you would have a hard time traveling to interviews in. How flexible is what you are looking into?

I'm not sure yet. I was just thinking about what I'll do next summer. After thinking about it more, I'd probably rather just stay at my home institution for summer research.