research opportunities (domestica and Central/South America) and school geography

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Heather D.

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a prospective osteopathic medical student planning on starting in the fall of 2001. I am interested in any research opportunities in the US or in Central/South America. Also, I live in Colorado and I was wondering if there are any osteopathic medical schools that provide the same mountainous and/or foresty geography. Any infomation will be greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
Heather

Members don't see this ad.

Heather,
I'm not sure about research opps. in Central/South America. I do know that the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center has a plethora of research positions available. UCHSC is where I did my thesis work, and really enjoyed the experience. If you are looking primarily for experience (and not $$), I would recommend asking the PI or post-doc for any intern/volunteer positions. At least you get your foot in the door, and they may hire you. You should also look into research at CU-Boulder...also a lot going on. I will be attending CCOM this fall (leave tomorrow!!) and really like the setting. Lots of trees surround the school (and even better, they aren't all Evergreens {I'm also from CO}) and it isn't too far from the city. I'll definitely miss the great mountain biking in CO, though. Hope any of this helps. Scott