Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

research opportunities (domestica and Central/South America) and school geography

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Heather D., Jul 19, 1999.

1. Heather D.

Heather D. New Member

I am a prospective osteopathic medical student planning on starting in the fall of 2001. I am interested in any research opportunities in the US or in Central/South America. Also, I live in Colorado and I was wondering if there are any osteopathic medical schools that provide the same mountainous and/or foresty geography. Any infomation will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank You,
    Heather

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SAK

SAK Junior Member

Heather,
    I'm not sure about research opps. in Central/South America. I do know that the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center has a plethora of research positions available. UCHSC is where I did my thesis work, and really enjoyed the experience. If you are looking primarily for experience (and not $$), I would recommend asking the PI or post-doc for any intern/volunteer positions. At least you get your foot in the door, and they may hire you. You should also look into research at CU-Boulder...also a lot going on. I will be attending CCOM this fall (leave tomorrow!!) and really like the setting. Lots of trees surround the school (and even better, they aren't all Evergreens {I'm also from CO}) and it isn't too far from the city. I'll definitely miss the great mountain biking in CO, though. Hope any of this helps. Scott

4. Kyo69

Pre-Medical
    in for answer