1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Research/Publications

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bella_dottoressa, Oct 11, 2002.

1. bella_dottoressa

bella_dottoressa make it happen
    7+ Year Member

I'm a first year pre-med at Ohio State...I understand the importance of research experience as well as being published in the admissions process. My question is; how does one seek out these experiences? I don't know where to look or to start. Thanks!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Street Philosopher

10+ Year Member

i looked at professor's webpages and picked out a few projects i was interested in. i emailed the people a letter asking for a volunteer position, and attached my resume to it. many didn't respond but a few did, and i then went in person, talked for a bit, and started working in a few days. went pretty well. i've been there for 2.5 years now. :)

i did something similar for a different type of research as well. worked out fine.

4. chopsuey

chopsuey miss independent
    7+ Year Member

Street Philosopher has it down...i did a similar thing. someone mentioned the possibility of doing research at the children's hospital and i asked around until i got an e-mail contact (in retrospect, just going on-line and searching would have worked). I sent an e-mail and had an interview and a job a month later. what kind of research were you interested in? someone asked a different question earlier and got responses better suited for this thread (how to find research)...i'll see if i can bump it up.

good luck!

5. chopsuey

7+ Year Member

6. bella_dottoressa

bella_dottoressa make it happen
    7+ Year Member

So helpful! Thanks so much. I really appreciate it.

7. chopsuey

7+ Year Member