bella_dottoressa

make it happen
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2002
Status (Visible)
I'm a first year pre-med at Ohio State...I understand the importance of research experience as well as being published in the admissions process. My question is; how does one seek out these experiences? I don't know where to look or to start. Thanks!!

Street Philosopher

freebird
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2000
ann arbor
Status (Visible)
i looked at professor's webpages and picked out a few projects i was interested in. i emailed the people a letter asking for a volunteer position, and attached my resume to it. many didn't respond but a few did, and i then went in person, talked for a bit, and started working in a few days. went pretty well. i've been there for 2.5 years now. :)

i did something similar for a different type of research as well. worked out fine.

chopsuey

miss independent
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2002
good question.... ;)
Status (Visible)
Street Philosopher has it down...i did a similar thing. someone mentioned the possibility of doing research at the children's hospital and i asked around until i got an e-mail contact (in retrospect, just going on-line and searching would have worked). I sent an e-mail and had an interview and a job a month later. what kind of research were you interested in? someone asked a different question earlier and got responses better suited for this thread (how to find research)...i'll see if i can bump it up.

good luck!

About the Ads
About the Ads
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.