Research/Publications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bella_dottoressa

make it happen
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a first year pre-med at Ohio State...I understand the importance of research experience as well as being published in the admissions process. My question is; how does one seek out these experiences? I don't know where to look or to start. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

i looked at professor's webpages and picked out a few projects i was interested in. i emailed the people a letter asking for a volunteer position, and attached my resume to it. many didn't respond but a few did, and i then went in person, talked for a bit, and started working in a few days. went pretty well. i've been there for 2.5 years now. :)

i did something similar for a different type of research as well. worked out fine.

Street Philosopher has it down...i did a similar thing. someone mentioned the possibility of doing research at the children's hospital and i asked around until i got an e-mail contact (in retrospect, just going on-line and searching would have worked). I sent an e-mail and had an interview and a job a month later. what kind of research were you interested in? someone asked a different question earlier and got responses better suited for this thread (how to find research)...i'll see if i can bump it up.

good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
So helpful! Thanks so much. I really appreciate it.