Research Subject Matter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Steve_Zissou

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'll be starting school next fall but am already starting to work on research with one of the professors at the school I'll be attending. My question is, if my interest is in EM does it matter what field I do research in?

Members don't see this ad.

EM research would be ideal. That being said, any research>no research.

Reactions: 1 users
EM research would be ideal. That being said, any research>no research.

I was looking to do EM research, but it seems like EM specific research and publications are relatively uncommon and hard to carry out with the resources my school has.

Oh well, thanks for the advice!

Members don't see this ad :)
EM is one of the fields that care the least about research, as per the PD survey.

My strategy regarding research will be to start med school with nothing else on my plate, see how I succeed (step scores are highest priority) and add in research if I think I can still succeed in my classes/board prep.

Reactions: 1 user
Done research during SMP at same school, presented and were winner in one of the category as well.
Starting MS1 in few days and offered to do a research. I would like to know how much research helps in residency. Will there be enough time for studying then step1/2 while doing research?