Researching which schools have highest Board's Exam passing rates...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nasem

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where do I go to research this stuff.... predents.com doesn't have this...

Members don't see this ad.

Seems like you have to ask the schools directly. I've never seen a comprehensive list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Make sure to ask! FYI, a passing board score is 70% and NOT 50%.

First time pass rates on the Dental Boards for VCU = "consistantly over 90%" according to their website. Job placement = almost 100% I think I read that UConn has the highest percentage of first time passers but that info may be a few years old.

If I run into more schools, I'll post.

Another tip. If the school does not boast about their board scores and make the information easily available chances are the board scores are not very high...

Not sure how applicable this is to a dental curriculum, but I have heard that some medical schools will focus their curriculum in a manner that highly emphasizes performance on board exams, while other schools emphasize skills more practical to the profession.

If that sort of discrepancy holds true in dentistry, then board scores may not be the best indicator of the education that you will be getting there. On the other hand, if you aren't good at standardized testing, maybe you should pick a school geared towards the boards ;)

I'd expect the "pass rate" at most schools to be very high, as the NDBE is hard to fail. We had one person out of 80 not pass last year. Doing well and achieving a HIGH board score is another issue though.