Reserves after hpsp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theonlytycrane

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those that got out after ADSO, were both the reserves and IRR an option?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those that got out after ADSO, were both the reserves and IRR an option?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Not out, but yes you can opt for the regular reserves if you like. Most docs don't do this, because reserve units do get deployed and it can make managing a medical practice difficult when you are whisked off to Suckistan for 12 months.

Not out, but yes you can opt for the regular reserves if you like. Most docs don't do this, because reserve units do get deployed and it can make managing a medical practice difficult when you are whisked off to Suckistan for 12 months.

actually I've met several people who leave to join the reserves or guard. I will likely be doing this. NG deployments are 90 days unless you are active guard or want a longer one. reserves is also 90 day policy with some exceptions. you also are protected from any deployments for 2 years after you transfer from AD.

army standard deployments are 9 months now. obviously this can change.

--your friendly neighborhood shopping for reserve/guard slots caveman

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the responses. I was also thinking that docs would have to make time for drilling every month as a member of the reserves, which may be tougher on the schedule.

It sounds like most go IRR and hope to silently fade away.