clc8503

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2005
Houston Texas
Status
I know that you can adjust the margins when taking the VR section on the AAMC practice tests, but can you do this on the actual exam??? I realize that some of the features that are on the practice tests are not on the actual exam (Ex: The Search Option in on the practice tests but is not on the real thing). The reason I ask is because I can read much more effectively/quickly if I set the margins so that the VR passages expand across the entire screen; this method allows me to scroll less, making me less prone to loosing my spot when I read. Also, I find that it boosts my comprehension and understanding of the main idea of the passage if I can to scan the passage in its entirety before quickly resetting the margins and tackling the questions. Anyone know the answer? I'm taking the real thing tomorrow:scared: so a speedy response would be most appreciated!:xf:

RogueUnicorn

rawr.
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
no margin changes i believe, fixed resolution too.

karayraisu

5+ Year Member
May 4, 2009
New York
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm also pretty sure you can't. I took the January MCAT.

I'm in the same boat as you. I read much more quickly and effectively if I don't have to scroll (the large font size on the actual MCAT really annoys me), but unfortunately you can't control that on the MCAT.