1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Residence in 2 states

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by alphaholic06, Apr 21, 2004.

1. alphaholic06

alphaholic06 Doctor, Who? Me?
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Can you apply as a TX resident for the application service , and then apply through the AMCAS as a resident of another state?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Trekkie963

Trekkie963 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

My gut answer to this question is "no." Certainly, from a technical standpoint you cannot be a resident of two different states simultaneously. There may be a way to exploit the fact that there are two different application systems, but I doubt it.

When you claim Texas residency through TMDSAS, you need to actually submit a residency questionairre, and basically argue your case for being listed as a Texas resident based on things like voter registration, driver's license, motor vehicle registration, land ownership, etc.

4. Lochmoor

Lochmoor Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

You'll need to read the guidlines for each individual state/school regarding your residence. I was thinking of doing this with Iowa and Texas--Iowa being my permanent home and Texas being where I work. However, Iowa does not allow you to be a resident of two states and from what I know TX will deny residence if there is any uncertianty.